Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sky Panel

Quote Originally Posted by Waz View Post
    Is there any info on how to relearn the sensors?
    If you know the Master Code it is vert easy use this Video as a Guide
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

In case anyone else stumbles across this thead as I did.
    Don't send the 2580 panic code. The Sky Panel v2 in the house I bought did not allow me to enter the settings when I input that code, and the police did show up at my doorstep shortly thereafter.

So I've been all over these forums, and I think I am piecing this together. The home I bought has the Vivint Sky Panel v2, and so far the previous owner has not given me the master code. I wanted to see what sensors are installed in order to consider replacing the panel with a GC3 and possibly sign up for more affordable monitoring.

When the cops came, I got to see the doorbell camera functionality as they arrived. It's pretty cool. Honestly, I'd like to just use this thing as a local panel for the time being, but I'm having a hard time tracking down all the answers to my questions.
    The system is currently "disarmed", but I don't have any passwords. I am able to see the live feeds on the cameras and hear the distinctive chimes for the front and rear doors. I don't know what all else is installed.

I don't guess vivint would be helpful in assisting me to reset the password, although the seller's disclosure with the home states that they "owned" the alarm system, and it conveyed with the property.
    I was considering attempting the factory reset if I can locate the reset button on this panel. However, before I remove the cellular module and attempt a factory reset, is there any reason not to? My goal would be to program in the door chimes, and get the cameras going again, and preferably gain the ability to use the alarm locally without any monitoring/communication out. If I can add additional devices, that would be sweet too. Is there a risk that I wouldn't be able to do this and screwing myself on a factory reset? If I remove the cellular module, and attempt a reset, is there a chance the existing disarmed setup where I have access to the cameras could break?

Any recommended reading I haven't been able to find in my google-fu on these subjects? I guess worst case scenario I have a hole to patch and i throw all this proprietary crap in the trash.

Did u ask the previous homeowner for their codes, if one of them is the master code you should be able to set your own user code as use it as a standalone local system
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    Did u ask the previous homeowner for their codes, if one of them is the master code you should be able to set your own user code as use it as a standalone local system
    So, the previous homeowner has lost their mind I guess and has told me that I can either take over their contract or allow them to come recover the equipment.

Now I'm wondering...do I get unlimited guesses at the PIN?
    What are my chances of just getting the doorbell camera and entry/exit door chimes working locally after doing the reset procedure?

If they Work Locally Now they will work Locally once you figure out the User Code
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

So, Vivint just upgraded my panel from the old Go!Control to the new Vivint SkyControl. Based on the pictures, it looks like a GC2 running a custom firmware. Now, the installer had issues getting the Z-Wave lock on the master bedroom to respond. I believe it's because when the system was originally installed back in 2012, the installer screwed up the thermostat install and blew the furnace fuse. The thermostat needs to be C-wire powered when it's added to the network to act as a powered repeater node, yadda yadda. We've had nothing but problems with the thermostat, door lock, and lamp switch on that side of the house dropping out of the network. Yesterday I ran across the information on the thermostat and figured out that I needed to exclude the device, then add it back.

Only the installer menu was gone. So I called Vivint to complain that I was able to remove the thermostat but not add it back. Here's how you get to the installer menus:
    Push the home button.
    Tap the three dot menu button in the lower right corner of the screen.
    Tap "About" on the left side
    Tap "Software Version" on the right side
    Punch in the installer code 2203

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by snarl View Post
    Here's how you get to the installer menus:
    Push the home button.
    Tap the three dot menu button in the lower right corner of the screen.
    Tap "About" on the left side
    Tap "Software Version" on the right side
    Punch in the installer code 2203

Hope this helps!
    My bad. It's Support, not About.

...and now the installer code is no longer working.

Any idea what it's been changed to?

Quote Originally Posted by snarl View Post
    ...and now the installer code is no longer working.

Any idea what it's been changed to?
    Contact your provider......

Thread Information