Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sky Panel

Question for you experts!

Bought a home that has the Vivint SkyControl Panel. Previous family living there will not give us the alarm pin. Is there any way for me to takeover this panel and use it as a local alarm to go off just inside the home without dialing any monitoring service or police/fire department?

The problem is, without the pin code, the alarm turns back on when I plug the panel in. If I absolutely have to have the pin code, is there a way for me to unplug the loud sounding alarm while I try to plug in all my pin code guesses? Is there a way to reset the panel so I don't need the pin?

If I'm out of luck, could I buy the newest 2gig panel and try to connect all the cameras, door sensors, and window sensors to use as a local alarm? Or could I buy another skycontrol panel from someone who gives me the pin and connect it to all our sensors for a local alarm? Any help over this forum or PM would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by emaxwell View Post
    I have the sky panel and would like to add some TS1 remote panels. Do I need to add the XCVR2-345 to the sky panel to do this? Thank you in advance for your help.
    TS'1 will not work with the Sky Panel,the Pad1 is the only option for a second keypad on the Sky or GC3

You can buy a 2GIG Panel and relearn all the sensors back in for the video you will need am alarm.com video plan

Quote Originally Posted by bkbk View Post
    Question for you experts!

Bought a home that has the Vivint SkyControl Panel. Previous family living there will not give us the alarm pin. Is there any way for me to takeover this panel and use it as a local alarm to go off just inside the home without dialing any monitoring service or police/fire department?

The problem is, without the pin code, the alarm turns back on when I plug the panel in. If I absolutely have to have the pin code, is there a way for me to unplug the loud sounding alarm while I try to plug in all my pin code guesses? Is there a way to reset the panel so I don't need the pin?

If I'm out of luck, could I buy the newest 2gig panel and try to connect all the cameras, door sensors, and window sensors to use as a local alarm? Or could I buy another skycontrol panel from someone who gives me the pin and connect it to all our sensors for a local alarm? Any help over this forum or PM would be greatly appreciated!
    Rest panel using tamper as previously posted:
    http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/99-...ull=1#post1319
    Rive

IS there any plan to allow a second panel to assist in home automation ext. Would be nice to have another GC3 panel that could do most the same functions in another part of the house. We have a fairly large house and it would be convenient to say the least.

sky panel

Quote Originally Posted by Alarmservicetech View Post
    Update....the sky panel can be defaulted to get into installer programming.1st you must remove cell unit,2nd the panel tamper swith is also a reset.power panel up after cell removal once at home screen press and hold tamper button for about 30 seconds display reads panel reset please wait.display will go blank and panel will default to factory.you can then use 2203 installer code....down fall 6ou loose ALL existing programming. You must reprogamm entire panel including relearning all sensors and you CANNOT reinstall cell unit. But if you wish to use it as a local panel you do have an option

Can anyone help me though this? I just bought a home with a sky panel installed and would like to use it locally. The seller gave us a code to arm/disarm the system but thats it. i cannot even access the settings menu. I'm guessing i need to do the reset to be able to access the settings?

I'm not sure exactly how to do the reset, or how to relearn all of the door sensors and such after.

Quote Originally Posted by Waz View Post
    Can anyone help me though this? I just bought a home with a sky panel installed and would like to use it locally. The seller gave us a code to arm/disarm the system but thats it. i cannot even access the settings menu. I'm guessing i need to do the reset to be able to access the settings?

I'm not sure exactly how to do the reset, or how to relearn all of the door sensors and such after.
    Follow the instructions in this thread to reset,you will however need to reprogram back in all the devices
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Correct, the ts1 will never work with the sky, vivint is releasing this summer a "glance" secondary panel. The panel is currently in beta testing, should be out by this summer if not sooner.

If its not actively monitored you can use 2580 the duress code to disarm it. It will disarm and send silent panic, but because the unit is not monitored the panic wont go to anyone.

To access the installer programming you'll need to reset the panel(see above((the sky panel v2 has a reset button just below the cell chip as well))

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    Follow the instructions in this thread to reset,you will however need to reprogram back in all the devices
    Is there any info on how to relearn the sensors?

Thread Information