Thread: Image Sensor malfunction (ADC-IS-100-GC)

Image Sensor malfunction (ADC-IS-100-GC)

There seems to be an issue with the ADC/2GIG Image Sensor regarding malfunction, where it reports "loss of supervision" irregardless of signal strength, and battery reading before malfunction occurs.

The alarm.com Image Sensor and the panel still seems to be communicating, so it appears to be a supervision feature bug...

Work around:
    When my IS reported the loss of supervision malfunction, I did a "peak in now" via the mobile app, the IS malfunction immediately cleared, and so did the panel " loss of supervision" trouble, and peak in image uploaded properly.

I checked the signal, and it was 5/5 bars (which surprised me as it usually is 4/5 bars), battery at a satisfactory 3.43v.

At least for now, until this is resolved (perhaps with a firmware update addressing the buggy supervision feature, note- current firmware version is 200.4), you can remotely clear/fix the malfunction by doing a "peak in"

In my case, I don't use the "daily peak in", but in theory, enabling this feature may prevent the malfunction from occuring.

Image sensor malfunction

Did the peek in now return a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    There seems to be an issue with the ADC/2GIG Image Sensor regarding malfunction, where it reports "loss of supervision" irregardless of signal strength, and battery reading before malfunction occurs.

The alarm.com Image Sensor and the panel still seems to be communicating, so it appears to be a supervision feature bug...

Work around:
    When my IS reported the loss of supervision malfunction, I did a "peak in now" via the mobile app, the IS malfunction immediately cleared, and so did the panel " loss of supervision" trouble, and peak in image uploaded properly.

I checked the signal, and it was 5/5 bars (which surprised me as it usually is 4/5 bars), battery at a satisfactory 3.43v.
    (Edit: 24 hours later signal still reports as 5/5 bars)

At least for now, until this is resolved (perhaps with a firmware update addressing the buggy supervision feature, note- current firmware version is 200.4), you can remotely clear/fix the malfunction by doing a "peak in"

In my case, I don't use the "daily peak in", but in theory, enabling this feature may prevent the malfunction from occuring.
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    Did the peek in now return a photo?
    Yes. Peak in image uploaded properly. The Image Sensor operated just as it should.

Just to follow up on this...

Its been almost two weeks, and the malfunction has yet to reoccur, and I am still getting 5/5 bars for signal strength.

EDIT
    The malfunction did reoccur at about the 2 week mark...doing a 'peak in' again cleared the malfunction/loss of supervision error

Great to hear. Thanks for sharing. Anxious to see what the new firmware updates bring.

Here is the issues we have had with Image Sensor this week:

Installed approx 8 months ago, sensitivity set to standard, last week went in to malfunction around 9:30PM, had ADC send remote commands and sensor came out of malfunction, same time next night same issue, sent a tech out to trouble shoot changed image sensor to new with same firmware version, it false alarmed in less than 5 minutes with sensitivity set to standard, swapped to a 2nd Image Sensor did same thing after 7 minutes, tech support for alarm.com and 2gig said there must be some interference that was not there in past and is now present, so our fix was to lower sensitivity to LOW and now it is functioning properly and detects us on every walk test

WEIRD STUFF

2nd issue that happened to one of my techs on an install this week:

Installed transceiver module and learned in image sensor on zone 6 on a 2gig panel V1.10.1 (new Install), zone showed and tested fine but image sensor would not appear (showed no Image Sensor Present) and would not function tried remote commands with no luck, long story but fix was changing zone slot from 6 to zone 10 (7,8,9 did not work)

Go figure
    Last edited by locknalarm; 05-08-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Weird.

I'm my case, sensitivity is set to high (I also have a cat, and no issues with false alarming in regards to pet immunity. Normal didn't work for me, as the IS didnt detect PIR motion at distance of 20'' , and low would essentially be useless unless someone is a few feet away from IS, which to me seems to defeat the purpose)

I am starting to think its an issue maybe with the panel and XCVR2 transceiver, as one time it reported a weak signal for TS1 on test mode, then immediately reported the TS1, and IS as 5/5 bars, when I did it again.

The common denominator is transceiver and panel. I think its a bug.

Just to follow up on this.. Been almost two months, and the issue seems to have been resolved by alarm.com. I don't think they fixed the issue, I think they disabled rules status/supervision on the panel to prevent the malfunction from occuring.

The panel now has a "not completed" rule status, yet seems to be working just fine on the ADC back end, and it is reported that on alarm.com the rules status is in fact showing as "completed".

(For those not aware, there was a rule push glitch that has since been resolved. Where if you added the IS, you would have to have the rules re- pushed to enable the camera functionality. Rule status would show on panel, and alarm.com and apps as "not completed", and camera function would be inoperable.)

Its been approx 4 months now since my malfunction and everything looks good. Rule status shows as completed, no reoccuring malfunctions or loss of supervision, but I have noticed that in system test the signal will show as red bars (weak). I then do a reset of the IS with a toothpick, and suddenly signal is green 4-5 bars on average, which is very odd, (signal should not be fluctuating between very weak and very strong like that). It could be a comunication issue between the panel and sensor.

I think there is still the issue where the IS has signal degradation, or there is a bug in the supervision aspect of the programming, but for whatever reason, the reoccuring "loss of supervision" malfunction notification is gone.

Image Sensor v2 (firmware 201.10)

As a final update to this issue:

Looks like the Image Sensors issues have been officially resolved via a firmware update. Unfortunately, the original Image Sensors cannot be updated via an OTA firmware push (like the ADC cameras).

Be sure that if you obtain 2GIG-IMAGE1's, that you get version 2 (ADC-IS-200-GC, or ADC-IS-205-GC) running firmware 201.10.

Do not get a ADC-IS-100-GC (firmware 200.4).

Dealers were sent free Image Sensor v2's for replacements. Inquire with you Dealer about obtaining the newer Image Sensor.

Officially the difference between version 1 and version 2 of the IS is improved battery life. The "malfunction-loss of supervision" issue is never acknowledged, but some have suggested it was caused by the device power saving feature of version 1 (which has been improved upon in version 2).

See Image Sensor v2 FAQ's: http://www.2gigforum.com/attachment....5&d=1421187518

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_20150110_093848.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	27
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information