Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List of compatible cameras

Hi, I'm running into this same issue now.

I have about 6 alarm.com cameras, a 2GIG-CNTRL2_345 and a few lamp modules. I cant seem to set them up without an alarm.com account but i want to self monitor. Is there a simple guide that will instruct me step-by-step how to "flash" them over to the Vivotek firmware so that i can detect them through my router? Any help is greatly needed.

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    As for the HD100 with ADC firmware, the answer is No (with an ADC plan, the video addon runs $5 btw)

If you flash Vivotek firmware to any alarm.com compatible camera, you will NOT be able to use that camera with alarm.com (ADC).

My suggestion is to visit eBay, and get a Vivotek camera, (or a cheap/used alarm.com camera that you can reflash). Some of the Vivotek versions of the ADC cameras are going for $45-$75 or so (e.g. the Vivotek TC5633 aka ADC-V610PT pan/tilt).

And unlike the ADC cameras, the Vivotek ones have the internal microphone functional/configurable.

I'm running an ADC-V720W that's lost its motion detection (never stops sending once activated). I looked at the 3 models from post #5, but none of them appear to be wifi types. Also, I must have missed the link to the firmware flashing videos.

How old is the Camera? Did you try to hard reset and learn back in?
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    How old is the Camera? Did you try to hard reset and learn back in?
    At least 2yrs. Haven't tried a hard reset. How's that done? If that fails to fix it, I still want to flash the non-ADS firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post
    At least 2yrs. Haven't tried a hard reset. How's that done? If that fails to fix it, I still want to flash the non-ADS firmware.
    To perform a factory reset press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    To perform a factory reset press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds
    Tomorrow... soon as I locate the button.

PS. I have this thread set to email notify me of replies, but so far nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post
    Tomorrow... soon as I locate the button.

PS. I have this thread set to email notify me of replies, but so far nothing.
    Please let us know how you make out

any chance of ARLO and alarm.com are going to work together in the future. I have ARLO, a simple security camera setup and I love it, would love it even more if alarm.com and ARLO got together.
    Last edited by dbain28; 12-05-2016 at 01:57 AM. Reason: spelling

I have 2 of the 2gig hd 100 cameras, I would like to monitor them on my laptop running Win 10, can anyone tell me how to do this, I have downloaded 3 rd party software but not connecting to camera, router sees them but I cant see any image on screen.Thanks

Thread Information