Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of compatible cameras

List of compatible cameras

rule of thumb is that if it is a 2GIG or an ADC (alarm.com) camera it will work, others may not.

Note- IP cameras require the ADC/alarm.com add on for "Video", and Image Sensors (2GIG-IMAGE1) require the ADC/alarm.com add on for "Image Sensor". Check with your provider for add on support.

Here are cameras that work with 2GIG/Alarm.com, for example:

*2GIG-Image1 (Image Sensor/Infared night still)
    2GIG-HD100 (HD infared night)
    ADC-V610PT (pan tilt)
    ADC-V510
    ADC-V700X (Bullet- outdoor Infared night)

ADC-V520 (HD)
    ADC-V520IR (HD infared night)
    ADC-V620PT (HD pan tilt)
    ADC-V820 (HD dome)
    ADC-V720W (HD Bullet- outdoor infared night)
    ADC-721W
    ADC-V720 (HD Bullet- outdoor infared PoE)

* requires panel firmware v1.10 or higher

Are these cameras useful without the ADC video service? Can you set them up the same way as other IP cameras? Does anyone know if they support ONVIF?

ADC cameras

Quote Originally Posted by indypicks View Post
    Are these cameras useful without the ADC video service? Can you set them up the same way as other IP cameras? Does anyone know if they support ONVIF?
    These are private branded alarm.com cameras some are made by others for them
    They will be picked up by an ip finder on many systems but there user names and passwords are not known, therefore they are only useable with the alarm.com video plans

If any one has any user name/passwords to try please pm me
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Are these cameras useful without the ADC video service? Can you set them up the same way as other IP cameras?
    Yes.

The manufacture that makes alot of the ADC cameras (Vivotek), has the same IP cameras that are not locked to ADC, but the downside is you cannot use them with ADC (due to incompatible firmware, and ADC will not provide the firmware at this time), so if you are looking for the IP cameras without ADC service on a local DVR, or for live streaming, then this is what you want. They come with a software disk, and an interface somewhat like ADC's.

You can also take a Alarm.com camera, restore the Vivotek firmware, download the camera software, and use it without a video plan for free (locally) as if it were a OEM Vivotek.

Say you buy an Alarm.com camera, then discover it is registered still to another ADC account (because it was never deleted off the other account). Its useless for use on alarm.com, BUT it can be reprovisioned as a Vivotek.

Select ‘firmware’ from the drop down menu, (or alternatively 'software'): http://www.vivotek.com/downloads/

For example:
    520=IP8130W
    520IR=IP8131W
    510=IP8131

For the 720/720W-
    P8332, IP8331, BB5315

For example, the TC5633 (the unlocked version of ADC-V610PT) pan/tilt IP runs new for $50 on eBay

Thanks a lot for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by indypicks View Post
    The Image Sensors do not require the ADC Video package.

Post #5 updated with info on how to reprovision an ADC camera to be useful without the ADC video service, set up the same way as other IP cameras, and used with free software

Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    Post #5 updated with info on how to reprovision an ADC camera to be useful without the ADC video service, set up the same way as other IP cameras, and used with free software
    As you know from my other posts, I have upgraded my TS1 and Go to the Newest firmware with the cable, and with your "how to" videos it went well. Now I have my house completed with Go and ts1 panels, 15 DW10 sensors, Motion PIR, smoke and 2 glass break all installed and looks great.

Keep in mind, I am still setting up service and do not have provider with Alarm.com, I think once I connect my thermostats, and other zwave I will get provider later.
    I think I may not get the video package, not sure. I currently own 2GIG-HD100 and wanted to view on my phone, I think I need an IP camera, I am totally new to camera.

My question is regarding camera 2GIG-HD100, can I use this to view on my phone for free. I know you mentioned ADC are locked and would need to flash a new firmware possibly vivotek, I am afraid if I flash it and later wanted to use with ADC it wont work. Any suggestion based on my scenario.

Thanks
    Last edited by mike22; 01-01-2015 at 12:43 PM.

My question is regarding camera 2GIG-HD100, can I use this to view on my phone for free. I know you mentioned ADC are locked and would need to flash a new firmware possibly vivotek, I am afraid if I flash it and later wanted to use with ADC it wont work. Any suggestion based on my scenario.

As for the HD100 with ADC firmware, the answer is No (with an ADC plan, the video addon runs $5 btw)

If you flash Vivotek firmware to any alarm.com compatible camera, you will NOT be able to use that camera with alarm.com (ADC).

My suggestion is to visit eBay, and get a Vivotek camera, (or a cheap/used alarm.com camera that you can reflash). Some of the Vivotek versions of the ADC cameras are going for $45-$75 or so (e.g. the Vivotek TC5633 aka ADC-V610PT pan/tilt).

And unlike the ADC cameras, the Vivotek ones have the internal microphone functional/configurable.

Thread Information