Thread: Baffled by Evolve LTM-5

Baffled by Evolve LTM-5

Hi All!

I just got my shiny new Go!Control system installed and finally worked up the courage to install some Z-Wave light switches. Long story short, I got the Evolve LSM-15 primary switches working without electrocuting myself and paired to the system, but I can't figure out how to connect the Evolve LTM-5 Accessory switches.

I'm fairly certain they are wired correctly since the green light comes on AND the panel will add the device. However, the device doesn't show up in the "Switches" screen nor can I interact with it in any way from the panel.

I did see a post somewhere suggesting buying an Aeon Labs Minimote to do the pairing, but that seems kind of bass ackwards and I wanted to check with you guys before spending money.

Anyone have any ideas? Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
    TiNB

My understanding is those are actually Linear, and you will need the minimote...

I don't use dimmers, so the $35-$45 GE (iris) zwave switches/3way switches at Lowes work perfect for me

For associating Evolve/Linear zwave 3way switches...see this
    http://www.linearcorp.com/bulletins/TB2014-001.pdf

Hi

Thanks for the pointers. Minimote ordered! I guess a scene remote would come in handy anyway.

-TiNB

No prob, and good luck

Banned
    Yep, when we used Evolve switches the techs had to carry a minimote to associate them. Greg got it working here and posted his experience here.

gzartman
    Quote Originally Posted by ThereIsNoBall View Post
    Hi All!

I just got my shiny new Go!Control system installed and finally worked up the courage to install some Z-Wave light switches. Long story short, I got the Evolve LSM-15 primary switches working without electrocuting myself and paired to the system, but I can't figure out how to connect the Evolve LTM-5 Accessory switches.
    You have to have a Minimote, unfortunately. The 2GIG panel doesn't have a function to group switches. It is really really stupid.

The linear switches are by far the best z-wave switches, IMO. However, to do 3-way you have to spend $40 on the minimote.

Greg

Got the Minimote, read Ryan's link, and paired the switches. Success! Took less than 5 minutes including opening the packaging the Minimote was shipped in.

Thanks!
    TiNB

Minimote Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by ThereIsNoBall View Post
    Got the Minimote, read Ryan's link, and paired the switches. Success! Took less than 5 minutes including opening the packaging the Minimote was shipped in.

Thanks!
    TiNB
    Link for Linear Page is down so I put this together hopefully it helps

Here are directions on how to program the 3 way switch and mini mote.

Because 3way light switches are a virtual 3way and do not use the traditional traveler wires of a 3way switch you need to be able to "associate" the the Accessory switch with the Main switch. To do this you have to use an Aeon Labs MiniMote.

Here is how you do it:
    Same for Qolsys IQ Panel and 2GIG

1) Pair both light switches with the Panel
    2) Pair the MiniMote with the Panel:
    3) Press the Associate Button on the MiniMote
    4) Double tap the paddle on the Main light switch
    5) Double tap the paddle on the Accessory light switch. They should now be Associated.
    6) Delete the MiniMote from the Panel
    7) Clear/Reset the MiniMote before using it on another Network.

**Note Charge the Minimote through a USB Port on Your Computer before use
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

The MINIMOTE was only because 2GIG doesn't support the association command class in their z-wave software. I heard that they were considering adding it into the firmware of the panel so the MINIMOTE wouldn't be needed anymore.

Thread Information