Thread: Updating 2GIG firmware on Win8.1 PC

Updating 2GIG firmware on Win8.1 PC

Hi,

I am trying to do the update on a Win 8.1 PC. When I ran the driver software no new port was created for the cable. Do I have to use an Win.XP PC?

The firmware driver supports XP SP3, Vista, Win7 for sure.

(i.e., Your PC must be running Windows XP or later. Recommended Packages include: Windows Vista; Windows XP SP3, PC must have Internet access, and must have Administrator rights, or be logged in as Administrator. MAC OS is not supported)

Did you run CDM20814_setup.exe (v1.10.1)? That installs the driver which is required prior to connecting update cable, and creating the shortcut for firmware installation

Once you install the driver package, you then connect the USB cable to the PC, COM port is then assigned, and you can find it in Device Manager. Then make a note of the COM port assigned to the cable.

Say the COM assigned is 4, you would then after you create the desktop firmware shortcut, click properties, and edit path by adding a space, then -c4 to the end of it

Just to update...

I have sucessfully used a windows tablet (dell venue 8 pro) running windows 8.1, to firmware update a 2GIG Go!Control panel from v1.9.2 to v1.10.1, and from 1.10.1 to 1.12.

For info, see: http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/fi...le/#post-12445

Thread Information