Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Features of the 2GIG GC3

Features of the 2GIG GC3

The GC3 panel is the sucessor to the ill-fated Go2.0 (aka 'the Vivint Sky Panel'), and has 5 day weather, and supports WIFI internet capability, (which has long been a requested feature) , Bluetooth, and USB peripherals (like USB cameras).

I suspect transitioning from the current Go Control panel will be relatively painless as there should be a way to backup zone settings, and download them back to a connected GC3... But then again...

Can't wait to get my hands on one...

Fresh off the 2GIG Facebook site....

It sounds like transferring the mobile broadband radio out wouldn't be an option either. If the new one can be replaced by the end-user, I'm guessing it is a different size and layout than the old radio.

Quote Originally Posted by indypicks View Post
    It sounds like transferring the mobile broadband radio out wouldn't be an option either. If the new one can be replaced by the end-user, I'm guessing it is a different size and layout than the old radio.
    The current cell module can be replaced by the end user, I suspect they will the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    The current cell module can be replaced by the end user, I suspect they will the same.
    I just meant that the new one will slide into the side of the panel without having to remove the panel. I hope it is the same radio - then it would be possible to change to the new panel without requiring a visit from the monitoring company (or have them send a pre-programmed radio).

Here are some other Key Features that will be part of the new 2GIG-GC3 besides the ones mentioned above:

100 Users
    100 Wireless zones and 2 Wired Zones
    Favorite Bookmarks and Screen
    Scenes and Rooms for Smart Home Control

Some of the mentioned future planned features:

USB Camera that can be angled to look down a hallway
    Partition
    Proximity Disarm feature
    On Screen Videos and Pictures
    RS232 For Automation Support

Sounds like some really nice features cant wait for it to come out

Mike
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Ryan kiiiiinda of got his hands on one at ISC West -

so the go control can not partition at the moment? Is that correct?

I don't think the GC3 has partitiong

New here. This is a great forum site. I learned a lot in just a single day!

So, have these made it out to the market? I just had a system installed (Protection One provisioned, but with only a 12 month contract!!) and the control panel provisioned is the 2GIG CP81-345 (Firmware 1.13), the Go! panel, and that is what's showing up on the 2GIG website. There is no mention of the Sky panel or the GC 3.0 on the 2GIGweb site, at leat not from where I could see.

Did I get set up with an obsolete control panel? I mean it's nice, light years away from the old numeric keypad and quite easy to use & set up, but I'm wondering if there was a more advanced (newer) control panel that they didn't bother to provide (or let me know about!) Thanks.

Thread Information