Thread: New Home - Old Vivint System - What can I do?

New Home - Old Vivint System - What can I do?

I recently purchased a home and the owner had to pay off the balance on their Vivint system. I have all the existing installed parts but wondering what I can do with it.

From reading the forums here, I *think* it's a SkyControl so might not leave me many options for going with a service to monitor. I can't use the Vivint app to check on things since I'm not a customer so trying to see what I can do to use all the sensors that are already in place.

Do I just need a new cellular module or do I need to replace the whole panel. Attached is a picture of what I have.

The software version is A.01 3.10.16.25207
    Product type V-MP2-345-A.0

All the videos and references to things seem to be an older version so I'm not sure where to start,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180827_093355.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	527

I just realized I may have posted this in the wrong sub-forum but I don't know how to move it from the edit. Can someone help move this to the right place?

I believe you can buy a 2GIG GC2 or GC3 panel and take over the existing sensors. I believe its same 345 frequency. Buy2gig.com has good prices and service packages.

Thanks! That seems to be what a lot of googling or searching these forums would suggest. Any reason for the GC3 over the GC2? There's a decent price difference between the two.

Thread Information