Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motion Detector reads Open

Motion Detector reads Open

Hi,

Having trouble with a few motions in some of our clients houses. After installation, the motion detector constantly reads open on the panel. Have tried replacing batteries and re-learning the devices, but haven't had any luck.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    matt

First, what kind of pir motions are they? e.g., 2GIG, Honeywell, Resolution, etc?

Check to make sure it is programmed properly. Sounds like it may be the wrong loop, or wrong equipment code for example.

Should be loop 1, and if its a 2GIG-PIR1, should be "0869", if its a Honeywell 5890 "0533", a Honeywell 5894PI Pet Immune " 0530". If its not one of these, it may not be compatible, and you should contact manufacturer for more info regarding if it is 2GIG compatible, and programming for the equipment code

There is the Resolution RE210P, and the Honeywell 5898 which are compatible for example...Honeywell 5898 = 0609, and RE210P = 0869

Install motions at 7.5' - 8', do not install so they are looking at windows, or near heating vents, or bathrooms, set sensitivity jumper to high

If you have existing entry/delay door sensors, then set as 04 interior follower

programming (2GIG-PIR1):
    (04) interior follower
    (2) motion
    (0869) pir-345
    S# (shift, then 'learn', then trigger tamper)
    (0) new
    Loop (1)1
    Dialer delay (0) disabled
    Descriptor
    Rf report (1) enabled
    Supervised (1) enabled
    Chime disabled (0)

For testing, and video see:
    http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/13-...-image-sensors
    Last edited by givemsm2; 04-14-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks,

I re-entered the device with the setting provided. Loop was the only discrepancy. Device no longer show open, but am having trouble getting it to trip on a walk test.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgmann View Post
    Thanks,

I re-entered the device with the setting provided. Loop was the only discrepancy. Device no longer show open, but am having trouble getting it to trip on a walk test.
    Once you place panel in a walk test, wait approx 4 min. Also do not install the PIR motions over stairs, as they won't operate properly

Where is the device installed, and is it at proper height/sensitivity?

Device is installed in our warehouse. No windows/stairs or anything that would logically trip it are back there.

The motion detector is once again showing as open on the panel as well.

Thanks again,

Matt

Device is installed in our warehouse. No windows/stairs or anything that would logically trip it are back there.

The motion detector is once again showing as open on the panel as well.

Thanks again,

Matt
    A warehouse.

How far is the motion from the panel? They only have a line sight range of 350' or so. If this device is at the fringe, or further, you will need a repeater. (When in walk test what are the signal strengths? If less than 4 green bars, or if any are red, you definitely need a repeater)

The field of detection (what the motion sees) is 30'x 50', and temps above 90 (or below 32) severely impact the motion detector's ability to function. Max operating temp is 120

Remove the device from programming, and reinstall it from scratch properly, check signals, and if temps are over 90, then there will be problems. If device is further than 350' from panel get a repeater, else sensor will constantly malfunction/lose supervision

Download this installation guide:
    http://2gig.com/pdf/product-info/2GI...i%20online.pdf

None of the conditions listed apply. The sensor is approx 60ft from the sensor. Device has been removed and reinstalled properly. Signals are fine.

Sensor continues to show open and now trips on walk test before I enter the room, with all doors closed, lights off and all airflow cut off.

I changed sensitivity to low and 55lb pet for good measure and still have the same problems.

None of the conditions listed apply. The sensor is approx 60ft from the sensor. Device has been removed and reinstalled properly. Signals are fine.

Sensor continues to show open and now trips on walk test before I enter the room, with all doors closed, lights off and all airflow cut off.

I changed sensitivity to low and 55lb pet for good measure and still have the same problems.
    Then you may have a defective sensor. What firmware is the panel running, there were a lot of bug fixes, and v1.10.1 is current

Further note, if its just one sensor doing this, and you are sure its properly installed, and you have updated firmware, and fully optimized panel (see:http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/5-2...panel-settings), then I would go with bad/defective sensor.

If on the other hand, multiple sensors are having the same issue, then that is unlikely, and there is, most likely, a misconfiguration somewhere and you will have to troubleshoot it

Another option, is to replace it with a Image Sensor

Using 1.10.1. This is a new panel. Our other shop panel's LCD went out and I installed this last week. I'm not sure which firmware was on the last panel. I assume it was at least one or two versions behind as I know I didn't do a firmware update on it in the last few months.

Thread Information