Thread: Changing IP address of camera

Changing IP address of camera

Is it possible to change the IP address of a 2GIG camera from it's default 172.16.10.* to 192.168.1.*? I dropped Vivint and no longer can use the cameras. The only device I can see the camera from is the Sky Panel, but the developer pass code I am using (2203) does not allow me to change the IP address. I would like to use the cameras as an unmonitored CCTV. Thanks.

Go into your PC/ Laptop. Connect directly to the camera on the same network. Change the settings in the control panel in the PC to the same network address as the in the camera. Connect to the camera with 172.16.10.* and change it 192.168.1.* You should look for a youtube tutorial

Let me see if I follow: You are saying I can change a PC from 192 to 172 without any other ill effects, then when I do, that PC will see the cameras. I then change the Camera's IP address to 192. Then my network will see the cameras. I then change that PC back to 192. I could not find anything on YouTube that did this. They only seemed to want to change octet 3 and 4, which I knew you could do. I was just hesitant to change octets 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Glatty56 View Post
    Let me see if I follow: You are saying I can change a PC from 192 to 172 without any other ill effects, then when I do, that PC will see the cameras. I then change the Camera's IP address to 192. Then my network will see the cameras. I then change that PC back to 192. I could not find anything on YouTube that did this. They only seemed to want to change octet 3 and 4, which I knew you could do. I was just hesitant to change octets 1 and 2.
    Yes! As long as you are directly connected to the camera, you can change the static IP to the same network as the camera. After completed you need to change back to 192.

What does "Directly connected to the camera" mean? They are installed and I see no port to plug into. This is the part that has always confused me. All of the videos say "...then you log into your camera...". The only interface I have with mine is through the Sky Panel, which does not allow me to change the IP address. How do I log into the camera otherwise?

Thread Information