Thread: Vivint Doorbell/Camera lights

Vivint Doorbell/Camera lights

I'm trying to re-add my doorbell to my Vivint Skypanel.
    The doorbell appears to follow most steps as I follow them from the vivint website. But after a bit all I see is the light flashing green and BLUE...
    I've tried searching but cannot find anything, even on vivints support site, as to what a green/blue flashing light on the doorbell means??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by tstuart View Post
    The doorbell appears to follow most steps as I follow them from the vivint website. But after a bit all I see is the light flashing green and BLUE...
    I've tried searching but cannot find anything, even on vivints support site, as to what a green/blue flashing light on the doorbell means??

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Presuming that you have a Skybell, below are some instructions that may help.

Issues After SkyBell Was Working Correctly
    SkyBell’s light turned from solid green to blinking green after it was working correctly
    Complete a restart of the SkyBell device by hitting and holding the main button for 45 seconds until it starts blinking rapidly. Then let go, allow SkyBell to restart, and then give it 5 minutes. If it is green then you are all set.
    If this does not work, power cycle SkyBell by turning off your circuit breaker for 15 seconds. Then allow SkyBell to reset for 5 minutes.
    If this does not work, please contact us.
    You can also conduct a speed test to confirm your upload speed is 1.5mbps or above.
    If your upload speed is 1.5 mbps or above and the light is still blinking green, please contact us.
    SkyBell’s light turned from solid green to blinking red
    In most cases, this is happening between 18-36 hours after successfully installing, syncing and using SkyBell
    Complete a restart of the SkyBell device by hitting and holding the main button for 45 seconds until it starts blinking rapidly. Then let go, allow SkyBell to restart, and then give it 5 minutes.
    If that does not work, power down your SkyBell from the circuit breaker for 10-15 seconds and then let SkyBell power back up for 5 minutes. If your SkyBell light is green, press the SkyBell button and see if it sends the video feed.
    If it is still blinking red, please contact us.
    SkyBell’s light turned from solid green to solid red
    Complete a restart of the SkyBell device by hitting and holding the main button for 45 seconds until it starts blinking rapidly. Then let go, allow SkyBell to restart, and then give it 5 minutes.
    If that does not work, power down your SkyBell from the circuit breaker for 10-15 seconds and then let SkyBell power back up for 5 minutes. If your SkyBell light is green, press the SkyBell button and see if it sends the video feed.

If it is still a solid red, then go into your app and delete your SkyBell from the account. To do this, tap on the SkyBell name, scroll to the bottom and click “Remove Device”. Then sign out of the app, sign back in and then re-sync SkyBell. You will need the device ID again.
    You may also want to conduct a speed test
    If your upload speed is 1.5 mbps or above and the light is still red, then contact us

Presuming that you have a Skybell, below are some instructions that may help.
    Why would you think they have a Skybell? That is not a supported doorbell camera on a propritary Skypanel. Last I checked (and It has been a few years) the Vivint doorbell camera was vivotek.

I built this website, and was the admin ( under username rive), and it has just gone downhill. The lack of technical support knowledge is appalling.
    Rive

Thread Information