Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GC3 firmware 3.1 released but error code 16 during installation

GC3 firmware 3.1 released but error code 16 during installation

Hello,

I try install firmware 3.1 but I got error code 16 after the process.
    Someone can help?

ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1051.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	523
    Last edited by alaska99; 08-02-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: add picture

Alaska99 - Not sure why it failed, but obviously the firmware failed to load. Did you try loading it from the root directory of a USB flash? Where did you obtain the 3.1 firmware? Ill try loading 3.1 on my GC3 (currently 3.0.2) tonight, and see if I get the same results...

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ryangunther View Post
    Alaska99 - Not sure why it failed, but obviously the firmware failed to load. Did you try loading it from the root directory of a USB flash? Where did you obtain the 3.1 firmware? Ill try loading 3.1 on my GC3 (currently 3.0.2) tonight, and see if I get the same results...

Thanks,
    Thanks ryangunter for your help and reply! I got it 2Gig server but I check it today and 3.1 is removed... Yes I loading it from the root directory of a USB flash. Do you got same error on 3.1?
    I write email to Nortek support and never got answer...

I could never find the 3.1 firmware, so I never got a chance to test... Interesting that 2gig pulled it down.

Quote Originally Posted by alaska99 View Post
    I was able to download and install version 3.1. I saw a couple of new features right off the bat on the wireless setup section. One is called "access point", which allows you to use the GC3 as a wireless access point, apparently. I was able to connect to it from my phone, but not get to the internet, because I could not connect the GC3 to my router, no matter what I tried. The other was called "Hardwire" or something, which seems to indicate that you can connect (probably via USB) to the GC3 and get internet or something? It was grayed out and you could not access the feature. i ended up rolling back to 3.0.2 because of the issues with connecting to my router mentioned before. Not a big deal since I do not use that for anything, but I am guessing this is a test firmware and still has bugs, so wanted it off my unit.

actually, i tried to roll it back, but cannot do it, I tried just putting 3.0.2 on a USB and loading that way, but it fails with a error 3, which says that the firmware I am trying to load is not compatible with the current version. Any ideas? Am I stuck with this version of 3.1 that does not work right?

Ugh...

Just looked at Alarm.com after installing this firmware on a test panel. It appears that while 3.0.2 allowed Wifi Connections, 3.1 will allow Dual Path Reporting to Alarm.com. I have not seen official release notes. HOWEVER, if you try to run a Ping through the Dual Path System from Alarm.com Dealer site, the panel does not send a ping back. So, it looks like that is a "soon to come" feature that they are working on.

The panel seems to be working just fine though. I don't think you will be able to downgrade to 3.0.X after upgrading to 3.1. It may be possible, but I was not able to pull that off.
    Last edited by bsimmons2024; 08-11-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Release note are officially released but firmware still removed from official page:

Firmware Version 3.1
    2GIG GC3 PANEL
    RELEASE NOTES
    This document details the new features and enhancements for the release of the 2GIG GC3 Panel Firmware Version 3.1. To download the
    firmware update, visit:

Support for WiFi Broadband connectivity
    The GC3 firmware can be connected to a customer’s Wifi broadband network allowing for dual-path alarm reporting (if the back-end provider
    allows). GC3 allowed OTA updates via cell as well as via USB at launch. This feature will add the ability to update the panel over a broadband
    connection. The broadband update will follow the same rules as a firmware update initiated over cell.
    Support SP1 secondary touch panel
    The GC3 firmware now supports the SP1 wireless secondary touch panel ( 2GIG-SP1-GC3).
    French Language support
    The GC3 firmware now supports French language.
    Additional Security Sensor Support
    The following sensors are now supported by GC3:

Bypass Door Window Sensor (2GIG-DW40-345)

Flood/Temp Sensor (2GIG-FT1-345)
    Additional Zwave device support
    Locks

Kwikset 914/916 locks
    Themostats

RCS TZ45 Thermostat

ADC RTS ( remote temperature sensor)
    Switches and Lighting

WS15Z5-1 (500 series switch)

WT00Z5-1 (500 series 3-way switch)

WA00Z-1 (2 button battery powered scene controller)

WO15EMZ5-1 (500 series plug-in module with energy monitoring)

PD300EMZ5-1 (500 series plug-in dimmer with energy monitoring)

WD500Z5-1 (500 series in-wall dimmer)

GE Lamp Module ZW3101-WCS

Vision XL7201US/ZL71001US

AEON Labs DSC24-ZWUS
    Sirens

Everspring Siren SE812-2

Fortrezz Siren SSA1/SSA

Anybody received the same code 16 error than me?
    I write email to Nortek support and they never answer me... Bad services!!

Thread Information