Thread: Issues with DW10 Thin Door/Window contact

Issues with DW10 Thin Door/Window contact

Hello,

I am installing my system and have run into a slight snag with the thin door/window contact.

I have 3 entrance/exit doors that I need to protect.

I have the DW10 and DW40 to choose from and on a couple of doors wanted the DW40 but I am okay if I cannot use this.

The way the door frame is constructed, there are only so many locations for the sensor. The door is steel. I put the magnet on the door. I could not get the sensor to register when I had it placed. There is a slight gap between the magnet and the sensor and I'm not sure what is acceptable for proper operation.

I even tried with the sensor on the door and the magnet on the frame. That wasn't working either so either it's either an issue with the steel door or it's an issue with the distance the sensor is from the magnet.

We are just now moving in so probably the doors need work or replaced to make them more efficient but this is all I have to work with right now.

If I must I can buy DW20's but I already have the other sensors and 3 DW20's are $$$.

Thanks in advance.

Although it isn't optimal, you can always try the sensor on the door and the magnet on the frame. The gap shouldn't be more than .8 of an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by FALCON View Post
    Although it isn't optimal, you can always try the sensor on the door and the magnet on the frame. The gap shouldn't be more than .8 of an inch.
    Thank you.

This has been my course of action so far.

This is actually the instructions I've seen on other sites detailing installation.

I'm not sure if the gap or the door being steel and the magnet sticking right to it interfered with the operation of the contact or not.

At least it's working for now.

If I need to switch to a recessed contact at a later date I can do that.

Thanks again

Thread Information