Thread: How many 2GIG takes will I need?

Hybrid View

How many 2GIG takes will I need?

I purchased a new home and want to take over the panel (no service on it) and install a new 2GIG

I think this is a Honeywell Vista 20p but it has some additional hardware in the box, how many takes will I need? Is this a complex install? I would like to fit it all back in the box if possible so maybe I can remove some of what is in there now from the Honeywell

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alarm.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	522

Quote Originally Posted by pigcorn View Post
    I purchased a new home and want to take over the panel (no service on it) and install a new 2GIG

I think this is a Honeywell Vista 20p but it has some additional hardware in the box, how many takes will I need? Is this a complex install? I would like to fit it all back in the box if possible so maybe I can remove some of what is in there now from the Honeywell

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alarm.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	522
    It's pretty straight-forward to move wires from the board to the takeover wireless modules. Each module can provide readings for 8 zones, so it will depend on the number of zones you have.

Quote Originally Posted by biggied View Post
    It's pretty straight-forward to move wires from the board to the takeover wireless modules. Each module can provide readings for 8 zones, so it will depend on the number of zones you have.
    One 2GIG takeover module handles up to 8 hardwired zones. You can use as many as needed.

Thread Information