Thread: Difficulty syncing GC3 to Linear GD00Z-4

Difficulty syncing GC3 to Linear GD00Z-4

There doesn't appear to be a GC3 troubleshooting forum so hopeful this is the best place for this.

I'm pretty much stuck trying to get these two things to talk to each other. Below is what I've tried so far.

1) I upgraded to 3.0.2
    2) I tried excluding then including
    3) I've taken the GC3 off the wall and into the garage so that they're within about a foot of each other. Tried exclude, then include.
    4) Reset GD00Z-4 by holding the link button down for 5 seconds. Then include. Reset, exclude, then include.

No idea what to try next, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by valharick View Post
    There doesn't appear to be a GC3 troubleshooting forum so hopeful this is the best place for this.

I'm pretty much stuck trying to get these two things to talk to each other. Below is what I've tried so far.

1) I upgraded to 3.0.2
    2) I tried excluding then including
    3) I've taken the GC3 off the wall and into the garage so that they're within about a foot of each other. Tried exclude, then include.
    4) Reset GD00Z-4 by holding the link button down for 5 seconds. Then include. Reset, exclude, then include.

No idea what to try next, but I'm open to any suggestions.
    Any luck? I have a GD00Z-4 coming Thursday. There is a GD00Z-5 I will try if this one doesn't work. There are several Amazon reviews that say it should work, so we'll see.

Try this:

To add or remove device you must FIRST press and release the “link” button 5 times, wait for red light to blink THEN press and release the link button once! This sends the correct code to the GC3 for inclusion.
    It is a good idea to remove the device first before adding!!!
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information