Thread: HELP! need help choosing a new security board for 40 zones

HELP! need help choosing a new security board for 40 zones

Hey everyone, I currently have the 2GIG panel with only 8 zones wired. I need to expand my security panel for the 40 zones I have. It looks like I have a Vista 20P zones and a wireless take over module. Essentially what I'm doing is trying to redesign my media panel! Doing the work and understanding how it all works is not the issue. I'm a complete noob when it comes to what good control panels there are. Should I just keep the Vista 20P panel and add 4 8 zone expanders and add 4 more wireless take over modules. I'm trying to do this the cleanest possible without having 029302 gadgets in the media panel.

Quote Originally Posted by needyourhelp13 View Post
    Hey everyone, I currently have the 2GIG panel with only 8 zones wired. I need to expand my security panel for the 40 zones I have. It looks like I have a Vista 20P zones and a wireless take over module. Essentially what I'm doing is trying to redesign my media panel! Doing the work and understanding how it all works is not the issue. I'm a complete noob when it comes to what good control panels there are. Should I just keep the Vista 20P panel and add 4 8 zone expanders and add 4 more wireless take over modules. I'm trying to do this the cleanest possible without having 029302 gadgets in the media panel.
    Adding the 4 additional Takeover modules would be clean and easy if the hardwired zones are in that same media panel as your existing 8 zones

One other option would be keep the Vista 20p and add the alarm.com SEM read more on this thread: http://www.2gigforum.com/content/150...ncement-Module
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Adding the 4 additional Takeover modules would be clean and easy if the hardwired zones are in that same media panel as your existing 8 zones

One other option would be keep the Vista 20p and add the alarm.com SEM read more on this thread: http://www.2gigforum.com/content/150...ncement-Module
    So I would have to buy 4 Zone expanders and than an additional 4 wireless take over modules. Do they not make a control board where I don't have to add 4 additional expanders and than take over modules as well?

So I would have to buy 4 Zone expanders and than an additional 4 wireless take over modules. Do they not make a control board where I don't have to add 4 additional expanders and than take over modules as well?

Each of the 2GIG takeover Modules are good for 8 Zones , they do not make a control board, the Takeover Modules report to the 2gig panel via wireless you can check them out here

Here is an Installation Video
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Each of the 2GIG takeover Modules are good for 8 Zones , they do not make a control board, the Takeover Modules report to the 2gig panel via wireless you can check them out here

Here is an Installation Video
    Right, I understand that. I currently have one control board (vista 20P) that only has 8 zones hooked up to it (expandable to 16 zones) That means I have 32 (if I don't double up my zones on my vista 20P) zones that will have no zone boards for the wires to go to. Unless you're telling me I can solely use 2GIG take over sensors to power and ground those additional 32 zones *using 4 additional take over modules* So to expand my 8 zones into the 40 that I would need. I would have to use my vista 20P, and expand that control board using 4 zone expanders (Honeywell 4219) and then I would also need to use the 4 take over modules as well to make them wireless for my 2GIG panel. What you're saying is I don't need to add any of those 4 Honeywell 4219 zone expanders?

Right, I understand that. I currently have one control board (vista 20P) that only has 8 zones hooked up to it (expandable to 16 zones) That means I have 32 (if I don't double up my zones on my vista 20P) zones that will have no zone boards for the wires to go to. Unless you're telling me I can solely use 2GIG take over sensors to power and ground those additional 32 zones *using 4 additional take over modules* So to expand my 8 zones into the 40 that I would need. I would have to use my vista 20P, and expand that control board using 4 zone expanders (Honeywell 4219) and then I would also need to use the 4 take over modules as well to make them wireless for my 2GIG panel. What you're saying is I don't need to add any of those 4 Honeywell 4219 zone expanders?
    If your using a 2gig panel then all you need is one takeover module for every 8 zones the takeover will need seperate power and battery backup see the video, also no life safety zones like hardwired smokes or CO can be used with the takeover
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

If your using a 2gig panel then all you need is one takeover module for every 8 zones the takeover will need seperate power and battery backup see the video, also no life safety zones like hardwired smokes or CO can be used with the takeover

Sent you a PM

I responded
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information