Thread: PTZ Cameras?

PTZ Cameras?

With these DIY systems, do any support PTZ cameras? Asking because I don't see them offered, Vivint doesn't offer them, don't think Simply Safe does and I don't see any on the hardware site from here, is that because the various panels available today don't have control for them or is it some other reason? I see them offered out there, sold individually in what look like both 2gig and Z-wave (I believe those are two different formats yes?) I'm new to all this so not sure about that) But I find it odd that if they are making them in both formats why they don't seem to be available with what I'll call "panel systems".

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKMAGICK View Post
    With these DIY systems, do any support PTZ cameras? Asking because I don't see them offered, Vivint doesn't offer them, don't think Simply Safe does and I don't see any on the hardware site from here, is that because the various panels available today don't have control for them or is it some other reason? I see them offered out there, sold individually in what look like both 2gig and Z-wave (I believe those are two different formats yes?) I'm new to all this so not sure about that) But I find it odd that if they are making them in both formats why they don't seem to be available with what I'll call "panel systems".
    Cameras are available and added to your alarm.com plan the video plan is for cloud storage, the cameras connect to your network either by wifi of hardwired to your router we sell a pan and tilt camera, it is for indoors and can be found here
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Yea, should of said, I was wondering about the outdoor PTZ cameras. I see them sold individually on say places like Amazon yet don't see them offered by anyone that does monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKMAGICK View Post
    Yea, should of said, I was wondering about the outdoor PTZ cameras. I see them sold individually on say places like Amazon yet don't see them offered by anyone that does monitoring.
    Sorry no outdoor PTZ options directly you can use a Video Server and use an Analog PTZ Camera

Here is a list of Alarm.com Compatible Hardware
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information