Thread: Can a camera trigger a light?

Can a camera trigger a light?

Coming from ADT over to alarm.com, so far everything is so much better. The only thing I can't find which I was able to do with my ADT panel is have the camera trigger a light (I bought an alarm.com wireless camera.) It's in the carport so with ADT and it's old camera I was able to have it trigger the carport light after a certain time once motion was detected, this was handy for when the wife or myself came home late and the normal light schedule had turned off the carport light.

Quote Originally Posted by xtravgnt View Post
    Coming from ADT over to alarm.com, so far everything is so much better. The only thing I can't find which I was able to do with my ADT panel is have the camera trigger a light (I bought an alarm.com wireless camera.) It's in the carport so with ADT and it's old camera I was able to have it trigger the carport light after a certain time once motion was detected, this was handy for when the wife or myself came home late and the normal light schedule had turned off the carport light.
    Thats a great feature request we will forward it to alarm.com, what kind of light did you have was it just a rule that triggered a Z-Wave Switch?

One thing you may be able to do is add a Driveway sensor and have that trigger the light here is the driveway sensor:http://resolutionproducts.com/wp-con...structions.pdf

Here are the things that can be done based on a Video Event:
    Name:  Video Recording schedule.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  46.5 KB
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information