Thread: Sensors offline

Sensors offline

New to forum.
    Started out depending on installer. I think I have learned and know enough to do some on my own, learning more.
    A few times a month sensors go offline. They will come back a day or two later.
    I had the problem more with a door 345mhz sensor that was farthest from panel. I installed a repeater and it got much better.
    Now it is somewhat random and sometimes zwave, sometimes 345mhz.
    Right now my door lock is being flagged a few times this week. I send a command to it to lock and it comes back online.
    Any thoughts?
    Is it common to have stuff go offline and come back?

My system: 2gig GC2 and alarm.com

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MPD View Post
    New to forum.
    Started out depending on installer. I think I have learned and know enough to do some on my own, learning more.
    A few times a month sensors go offline. They will come back a day or two later.
    I had the problem more with a door 345mhz sensor that was farthest from panel. I installed a repeater and it got much better.
    Now it is somewhat random and sometimes zwave, sometimes 345mhz.
    Right now my door lock is being flagged a few times this week. I send a command to it to lock and it comes back online.
    Any thoughts?
    Is it common to have stuff go offline and come back?

My system: 2gig GC2 and alarm.com

Mike
    If the Z-Wave is going offline start by addding a Powered Z-Wave Device or a Repeater in between split the difference, if that doesn't work add another etc....Z-Wave max range line of site is only around 100' I often needed 2 or 3 in a small home. Each Powered Device will act as a repeater and from a stronger Z-Wave Mesh network

Once your Network is Solid it should not happen, As far as the 345MHZ going offline after adding the repeater their should be some consideration into other interference issue, like Metal, Construction of walls or radio Towers nearby etc...

Thanks Michael

Z-wave: i have a switch and two plugs within 15 feet (two line of sight). They are all fine. Farthest I have in my zwave network is maybe 20 feet. It's only the door lock that goes offline. It is a kwikset deadbolt. The front door kwikset goes offline more often than the back door.

345: I cant think of any interference items. Standard construction house (no metal or concrete walls), no radio towers nearby.....

I'll have to start keeping track of what goes offline when.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MPD View Post
    Thanks Michael

Z-wave: i have a switch and two plugs within 15 feet (two line of sight). They are all fine. Farthest I have in my zwave network is maybe 20 feet. It's only the door lock that goes offline. It is a kwikset deadbolt. The front door kwikset goes offline more often than the back door.

345: I cant think of any interference items. Standard construction house (no metal or concrete walls), no radio towers nearby.....

I'll have to start keeping track of what goes offline when.

Mike
    Try and go into advanced zwave settings and rediscover network
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information