Thread: ADC S2000-t-ra temperature sensor "Malfunction"

ADC S2000-t-ra temperature sensor "Malfunction"

Hey guys... So I have the T-2000 thermostat that has been working great on my GC3 with the 3.01 firmware update. I recently added a S2000-t-ra temperature sensor to the panel, and it comes up correctly and shows in my ADC account. However, after about a day or two my adc app starts showing "Temperature Sensor - Malfunction", and my GC3 wants me to perform a network check. I perform the network check, and it passes just fine - but my app still shows "Temperature Sensor- Malfunction". I have tried removing and re-adding the sensor, and it works for a day or so before going back into malfunction. It is only sitting approx 10ft away from the GC3, and I have also tried new batteries in the S2000. Anybody have any idea's??

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ryangunther View Post
    Hey guys... So I have the T-2000 thermostat that has been working great on my GC3 with the 3.01 firmware update. I recently added a S2000-t-ra temperature sensor to the panel, and it comes up correctly and shows in my ADC account. However, after about a day or two my adc app starts showing "Temperature Sensor - Malfunction", and my GC3 wants me to perform a network check. I perform the network check, and it passes just fine - but my app still shows "Temperature Sensor- Malfunction". I have tried removing and re-adding the sensor, and it works for a day or so before going back into malfunction. It is only sitting approx 10ft away from the GC3, and I have also tried new batteries in the S2000. Anybody have any idea's??

Thanks,
    We will open a support ticket with 2GIG to make them aware and also with Alarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by ryangunther View Post

Thanks,
    The T2000 is supported on the 3.0.1 GC3 firmware, however the Remote Temperature Sensor(RTS) is not supported on this version. It will be supported in future firmware versions.

The RTS will show in malfunction when it has not communicated with the Alarm.com module for 24 hours. 10 feet is within the expected range for z-wave but z-wave can behave differently in certain environments. We would suggest adding a repeater between the panel and the location of the RTS. Once this is done, delete and re-add the RTS while it is in it's final location.
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information