Thread: Add devices to Vivint monitored GC2.

Add devices to Vivint monitored GC2.

Hey guys... have a Vivint monitored GoControl2 system, that I would like to add devices to. The installer code of 2203 works to get into the installation toolbox - but I only see where I can add Z-wave devices, no sensors? Do I need to contact vivint in order to add additional sensors? Also, can I add Z-wave devices without having to contact vivint?

Quote Originally Posted by ryangunther View Post
    Hey guys... have a Vivint monitored GoControl2 system, that I would like to add devices to. The installer code of 2203 works to get into the installation toolbox - but I only see where I can add Z-wave devices, no sensors? Do I need to contact vivint in order to add additional sensors? Also, can I add Z-wave devices without having to contact vivint?
    The door/window/glassbreak/co/smoke/fire sensors are largely proprietary 2GIG 345mhz RF modules, not Zwave. You have to add these sensors through the system configuration which Vivint will have locked you out of. They can do it remotely if you have the sensors, but I'm not sure if they will. They'd much rather charge you a $40 service fee to come out.

Thread Information