Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage door sensor (using a DW10)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjeds View Post
    It is the only reason I opted for Protection 1 (see the other thread I posted in about that), they provide the equipment, basically takes me 36 months to pay it off, and then it is mine and I will switch it over.. Why fork over the $2,000 up front when I can pay it off interest free over 36 months..
    Good luck with that. After dealing with Protect1 here in Denver on both the commercial and residential side of it they don't keep their promises and have terrible follow through.
    I have a control panel right now they won't give in the installers tool box code to change the settings while I wait for a new tenant. This is "their hardware period" so they told me today.
    Try another company you are better off.

Anyone have the code?

Rive,

1 .Reed switch comes in NO and NC (Normally Open/Normally Closed) I think the switch you are using is NC, correct?
    2. However, the sureity DIY selling switch is NC, I looked at he specs.
    3. How will that effect loop setting?

4. Lastly I have both Reed Switch NO and NC, can you please tell me which one I should use and how the loop is to be set with DW10?

Thanks
    Last edited by mike22; 07-16-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Corrected post: from above:

Rive,

1 .Reed switch comes in N/O and N/C (Normally Open/Normally Closed) I think the switch you are using is N/C with DW10 correct? Because the DW10 spec reads " Loop 1 is mapped to a hardwired NC (Normally Closed) contact and loop 2 is a fully wireless solution"
    2. However, the sureity DIY selling switch is N/O, I looked at the specs.
    3. Also their product RE201 spec page mentions this "Ext Loops are: normally closed alarm on open"
    4. Lastly I have both Reed Switch NO and NC, can you please tell me which one I should use and how the loop is to be set with DW10?

Thanks
    Last edited by mike22; 07-17-2017 at 01:45 AM.

It is usually bolted to the floor.

Thread Information