Thread: Electrical Wire Install on WS15Z-1

Electrical Wire Install on WS15Z-1

Got my WS15Z-1 Smart Control Wall Switch today but am unsure how to proceed with the wiring installation part.

The switch in the wall now only has two black wires going to it (pictured). The WS15Z-1 has four wires: hot (black), neutral (white), ground (green) and load (blue). I'm not much of an electrician but can I install the WS15Z-1 given I only have to black wires to hook them too?

There are other wires crammed in to the back of the electrical box that are wire-nutted together but clearly they are not needed for a regular wall switch.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1799.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	503

Name:	IMG_1800.jpg 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	504

Quote Originally Posted by uwhusky View Post
    Got my WS15Z-1 Smart Control Wall Switch today but am unsure how to proceed with the wiring installation part.

The switch in the wall now only has two black wires going to it (pictured). The WS15Z-1 has four wires: hot (black), neutral (white), ground (green) and load (blue). I'm not much of an electrician but can I install the WS15Z-1 given I only have to black wires to hook them too?

There are other wires crammed in to the back of the electrical box that are wire-nutted together but clearly they are not needed for a regular wall switch.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Name:	IMG_1799.jpg 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	503

Name:	IMG_1800.jpg 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	504
    Name:  ws15z1.PNG