Thread: Ex-vivint 2GIG Go Control Panel DIY home automation/self monitor

Ex-vivint 2GIG Go Control Panel DIY home automation/self monitor

Hi all!

I'm a developer by day and an electronics hobbiest/enthusiast by night, and I'd like to going on home automation. I've got a system that was used with Vivint. It's a 2GIG Go Control panel, a few window and in-jamb door sensors, thermostat, motion detector, CO/Heat/Smoke detector, and glass break sensor. I've done research and have found threads relating to taking back over the system with a new GSM module and activating with ADC or similar, but I don't have much interest in a monitored solution.

I'd like to know what my options are for using this system for my own home automation and self monitor. My plan currently is to add an aeon labs Z-Stick as my primary controller for the Z-Wave network, paired with something like OpenHAB or HomeAssistant. This all seems relatively straightforwards for the Z-wave devices, but what about the current Go Control Panel? Will I be able to use it in any capacity for my system without a GSM module (after reflashing firmware of course)? Ideally I'd still like to maintain arm/disarm alarm functionality but completely self monitored. To that end, even if I replaced the GSM module with a fresh one (which I'm not against doing), I'd still like to avoid any standard providers like ADC, etc, and roll my own.

Input and guidance would be much appreciated, especially from any fellow tinkerers! I've searched and found a good bit of information relating to breaking free from Vivint, but nothing quite as specific as what I'm looking for. Thanks!

[edit]
    Just remembered I also have a Kwikset keypad lock and two dimmer/switched outlets.
    Last edited by Negativeten; 12-09-2016 at 08:36 PM.

Thread Information