Thread: How to connect ELK-150RT siren to 2GIG-GCX Panel?

How to connect ELK-150RT siren to 2GIG-GCX Panel?

Hi Sir/Madam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2gig_back.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	498

Do I need to switch off 2GIG-GCX panle first as it is connected to security service?
    RED(+) wire I can connect to (1) ?
    BLACK(-) wire I can connect to (2) ?

There are 2 White loop wire to BELL or OPEN COLL and GND?

Thanks for any help
    Arun

Quote Originally Posted by abavera View Post
    Hi Sir/Madam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2gig_back.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	498

Do I need to switch off 2GIG-GCX panle first as it is connected to security service?
    RED(+) wire I can connect to (1) ?
    BLACK(-) wire I can connect to (2) ?

There are 2 White loop wire to BELL or OPEN COLL and GND?

Thanks for any help
    Arun

Being the Current Draw for the ELK-150RT Siren is 1.2amp you can not hook it up directly to the panel. The limitation here is that the bell output only pushes 120mA at 6-12VDC

A Wave Siren Can Be Connected Directly to the Panel terminals 5 and 6 you can buy the Wave Siren by clicking here

The bell output terminals should be supervised. By default, "Q21: Siren Supervision Time" is set to (0) which disables supervision. We recommend setting this selection to (1) - "15 seconds." The control panel will display a trouble message after 15 seconds of a wire cut between the Panel and sounder. This will send a bell trouble report to the Central Station if the system is monitored. In order to supervise the line, you will need to source an 820 ohm resistor (sold separately) and wire it in parallel across the terminals of the sounder. In some cases, you may be forced to use the resistor if there is very low current draw or any humming or noise on the line.

The other option for connecting wired sirens. This method will require a relay such as the Altronix RBSNTTL super-sensitive relay. Then you would need to connect a wired siren to the relay.

Here is a Diagram:rbsn basic-external siren.pdf

**Please note: Do not use an electromechanical sounder. It will damage the outputs!**

Thread Information