Thread: New DIYer migrating from recent Vivint Skypanel to GC3

New DIYer migrating from recent Vivint Skypanel to GC3

I recently tried the Vivint service but cancelled using my ROR shortly afterwards after finding this website. Vivint failed to come back and pick up the equipment after they had scheduled two appointments. I have a takeover module and What I did like, was that the WIFI was working on the Skypanel and displayed the cameras on Vivint panel along with the application. One source to access everything with the Vivint application. I was not happy with their customer service and the rush job after signing the contract. I purchased a GC3 to try with some of the existing equipment and found that the only thing that seems to work is the items on the takeover module. The Door sensors are DW21R and the Window sensors are DW11 and the GC3 will not recognize any other sensors currently. I also have some glass break's installed and they are not recognized by the GC3 either and listed as GB2 in the Vivint panel. I opened the glass break up only to discover it says Vivint inside on the circuit board. Seems most of the items installed are proprietary items used by Vivint in my home installation.
    Has Vivint began to install their own proprietary items during the install? If so, this is more of a reason NOT to purchase their items and that cant be used.
    Anyone have any idea what can be done for the items left behind?

Here are the sensors installed? I cant find any information except for on the Vivint site for them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161128_085430 (1).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161128_085537.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161128_085713 (1).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	496  

Quote Originally Posted by f22g View Post
    Here are the sensors installed? I cant find any information except for on the Vivint site for them.
    Here is what I was able to find:

DW21R

It is 345MHZ so it should work did you try to learn it in or enter serial number?
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    Here is what I was able to find:

DW21R

It is 345MHZ so it should work did you try to learn it in or enter serial number?
    Just found out these are proprietary and will only work with the Vivint panels all the 345 transmitters ending in 1 like 11 or 21, So they will need to be replaced, Sorry there will be a lot of unhappy former Vivint subscribers when they find out.
    Thanks For Posting and Good Luck
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    Just found out these are proprietary and will only work with the Vivint panels all the 345 transmitters ending in 1 like 11 or 21, So they will need to be replaced, Sorry there will be a lot of unhappy former Vivint subscribers when they find out.
    Thanks For Posting and Good Luck
    Yes, I found this out yesterday as they will only work on Vivint. I hope this helps others in the future who are thinking of going to Vivint. Their devices will only work on their SKYPANEL and locks you into their equipment. I would advise against going to a proprietary system such a VIVINT and look to other providers that are open to having a more friendly equipment option. I have to purchase quite a bit of equipment to replace these sensors that they left behind.

Yes, I found this out yesterday as they will only work on Vivint. I hope this helps others in the future who are thinking of going to Vivint. Their devices will only work on their SKYPANEL and locks you into their equipment. I would advise against going to a proprietary system such a VIVINT and look to other providers that are open to having a more friendly equipment option. I have to purchase quite a bit of equipment to replace these sensors that they left behind.
    We have a Special Package for DIY'ers that would get them stared for a lot less then a Vivint system

It Includes the 2GIG Go Control, 3 Door/Window Contacts, a Motion and a Key fob we call it the 2gig DIY Package and it can be found here

Or you can buy the equipment with out the plan either 2GIG or Qolsys
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

Thanks but I am interested in the GC3 panel. I have a larger home with a more complex setup that will be using a takeover module to manage the existing hardwired sensors, wireless sensors, doorbell camera and three outdoor cameras and local/cloud storage.

Thanks but I am interested in the GC3 panel. I have a larger home with a more complex setup that will be using a takeover module to manage the existing hardwired sensors, wireless sensors, doorbell camera and three outdoor cameras and local/cloud storage.
    GC3 is a great choice as the Newest 2GIG panel we are still waiting for it to be fully equipped, There will be Firmware released to include WIFI for secondary Communications to Alarm.com, The Image Sensors by Adding a Special Antenna and a large Secondary Touchscreen (currently only the Pin Pad is an option, YOu can buy the GC3 Here

The Door Bell Camera Can be found Here
    And The Alarm.com Cameras Here

You will find that we sell the Alarm.com Plans and Video Addon at the Lowest Price on the Web and can be Purchased here with no long term contract only a month to month agreement
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information