Thread: GC3 future capabilities?

GC3 future capabilities?

I am deciding between GC2 and GC3 panels.

I understand WiFi is expected to be supported in future GC3 firmware.

I understand the 2GIG Wireless Touch Screen Keypad (2GIG-TS1) is currently NOT compatible with the GC3. So the only option for a secondary panel is the 2GIG-PAD1-345 Wireless Keypad with no 2 way feedback.

Is there any advance information or expectations on whether the 2GIG Wireless Touch Screen Keypad (2GIG-TS1) will be supported on the GC3 with the new firmware wherever it arrives, or are they introducing a new secondary panel?

It would be a real big help to have a visual indication of armed/disarmed state.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I am deciding between GC2 and GC3 panels.

I understand WiFi is expected to be supported in future GC3 firmware.

I understand the 2GIG Wireless Touch Screen Keypad (2GIG-TS1) is currently NOT compatible with the GC3. So the only option for a secondary panel is the 2GIG-PAD1-345 Wireless Keypad with no 2 way feedback.

Is there any advance information or expectations on whether the 2GIG Wireless Touch Screen Keypad (2GIG-TS1) will be supported on the GC3 with the new firmware wherever it arrives, or are they introducing a new secondary panel?
    No Official Word yet....Stay Tuned
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    No Official Word yet....Stay Tuned
    If I may ask a dumb question..I've been reading the complaints here and there about the GC3 firmwares lack of Wifi support. What features or functionality am I missing out on as a result? What will my panel do for me when my GC3 suddenly becomes wifi enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearsonweb View Post
    If I may ask a dumb question..I've been reading the complaints here and there about the GC3 firmwares lack of Wifi support. What features or functionality am I missing out on as a result? What will my panel do for me when my GC3 suddenly becomes wifi enabled?
    WiFi will allow a secondary communication path to Alarm.com only, you will still need a a Cell Module and Plan with Alarm.com
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information