Thread: Help install Honeywell wave2EX speaker

Help install Honeywell wave2EX speaker

This is the speaker that is near my alarm panel.

https://www.security.honeywell.com/h...or/268491.html

The original owner disconnected the ground side of the speaker. I have tested the speaker and it works, however I can't get the speaker to go off when my alarm goes off. I have a bigger home, and I cannot hear if my alarm is going off from my Bedroom.

I have attached a lot of images of how its set up. Hoping someone more experienced in alarm systems will be able to point me in the right direction. It doesn't seem its just as easy as hooking up the ground.

The original owner put the power wire on the main panel on panel number "3", you can see the ground wire hanging off. I have attached a few pieces I found inside the panel that's not installed. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel 3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	488Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel 2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	489

You will need to wire the Siren you have this way for it to work, The Panel has limited output for sirens
    rbsn basic-external siren.pdf
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You will need to wire the Siren you have this way for it to work, The Panel has limited output for sirens
    rbsn basic-external siren.pdf

Thanks, but can i not just use my vista 20P panel and connect the siren directly to panel 3 and 4? I found a diagram about the panel and it says panel 3 and 4 are for siren output. But when I connect it to 3/4 it doesn't sound when the alarm goes off. I have verified the speaker works. Does the vista 20P panel on 3/4 have no idea when the 2GIG speaker is going off?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ademco-vista-20p-007.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	497  

Quote Originally Posted by needyourhelp13 View Post
    Thanks, but can i not just use my vista 20P panel and connect the siren directly to panel 3 and 4? I found a diagram about the panel and it says panel 3 and 4 are for siren output. But when I connect it to 3/4 it doesn't sound when the alarm goes off. I have verified the speaker works. Does the vista 20P panel on 3/4 have no idea when the 2GIG speaker is going off?
    That White Box is a Takeover Module and what it is doing is taking the hardwired zones from your Vista 20P and sending them Thru Wireless to the 2gig panel, so the Vista 20P is only being used as a Power Supply, The Siren will not sound if connected to the Vista Panel, to use the existing siren you will need to follow the directions I send if you cant get wiring to Go Control from the Vista Panel where the siren wire currently is, you can buy one of these sirens and mount it above your control or run 2 wires from the Go Control to where you want the siren to be
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    That White Box is a Takeover Module and what it is doing is taking the hardwired zones from your Vista 20P and sending them Thru Wireless to the 2gig panel, so the Vista 20P is only being used as a Power Supply, The Siren will not sound if connected to the Vista Panel, to use the existing siren you will need to follow the directions I send if you cant get wiring to Go Control from the Vista Panel where the siren wire currently is, you can buy one of these sirens and mount it above your control or run 2 wires from the Go Control to where you want the siren to be

Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by needyourhelp13 View Post
    Sent you a PM
    Replied please check your inbox
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information