Thread: Z-Wave Trouble

Z-Wave Trouble

Hi all,

I have a Vivint system installed last year. Installed devices were a Z-wave door lock and switch module. After the initial install everything worked fine. A few months later, I added a Vivint CT-30 thermostat to my home. I was able to link it to my panel without issue. A few weeks after, I added a second CT-30 in another location in my home. I was able to learn that thermostat in as well. The next day, I got a notice on the panel that it had lost communication with all of my Z-Wave devices (first time I saw that message).

Since then, I have had nothing but trouble with my Z-Wave devices. Vivint tech support has been at my home three separate times. Each time, they removed/re-added all of the Z-Wave stuff and got it all working when they left only for it to quit working again within 24 hours. The last time they were here (2 weeks ago), they replaced the panel, door lock, switch module and added about 4 repeaters to the home in various spots. Again when the tech walked out the door, it was all working. The next morning, everything lost connection and has not worked since.

As you can imagine, this is very frustrating. I tried removing the radio card from the second thermometer as that one seemed to be where my issues started (but may have been coincidence) and it didn't help. I do not have any devices in my house broadcasting on the 900mhz band (baby monitors, cameras, phones, etc...) so I have no idea why my panel will just not maintain the connection. I am pretty far from my neighboring houses so I doubt it's external interference and I have not added any new electronics into my home since the initial setup that would cause it to quit working.

Do you have any ideas that I can try or do I need to attempt to remove/re-add all of the Z-Wave stuff for the 1000th time?

Thanks,
    -DJ

Quote Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
    Hi all,

I have a Vivint system installed last year. Installed devices were a Z-wave door lock and switch module. After the initial install everything worked fine. A few months later, I added a Vivint CT-30 thermostat to my home. I was able to link it to my panel without issue. A few weeks after, I added a second CT-30 in another location in my home. I was able to learn that thermostat in as well. The next day, I got a notice on the panel that it had lost communication with all of my Z-Wave devices (first time I saw that message).

Since then, I have had nothing but trouble with my Z-Wave devices. Vivint tech support has been at my home three separate times. Each time, they removed/re-added all of the Z-Wave stuff and got it all working when they left only for it to quit working again within 24 hours. The last time they were here (2 weeks ago), they replaced the panel, door lock, switch module and added about 4 repeaters to the home in various spots. Again when the tech walked out the door, it was all working. The next morning, everything lost connection and has not worked since.

As you can imagine, this is very frustrating. I tried removing the radio card from the second thermometer as that one seemed to be where my issues started (but may have been coincidence) and it didn't help. I do not have any devices in my house broadcasting on the 900mhz band (baby monitors, cameras, phones, etc...) so I have no idea why my panel will just not maintain the connection. I am pretty far from my neighboring houses so I doubt it's external interference and I have not added any new electronics into my home since the initial setup that would cause it to quit working.

Do you have any ideas that I can try or do I need to attempt to remove/re-add all of the Z-Wave stuff for the 1000th time?

Thanks,
    -DJ
    Maybe your service provider will try replacing the main panel, may be that the problem
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information