Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying new home with Vivint Sky......

Yes but you will need to upgrade the firmware first
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    Hello Aaron and Happy Thanksgiving

What you have there is a 2gig takeover module and yes it will work with the GC2, it does exactly what you stated it accepts the hardwired devices and coverts each of the eight points or zones to wireless the serial number begins changes by 1 for each of the 8 zones, example zone 2 ends in2

Here is a video about the 2 gig takeover module :
    https://youtu.be/7W1C0B-CaS0

Here is an example of the programming

Program your takeover module zones.- Choose a Sensor Type appropriate to the zone. (Interior Follower for motion detectors, Entry Exit for entry doors, etc.)
    Equipment Type will be 2GIG Takeover Module.
    Sensor serial ID will be the following:
    Zone 1: Seven digit TX ID on Takeover Module label (always ends in 1).
    Zone 2: Same first 6 digits, end with 2
    Zone 3: Same first 6 digits, end with 3
    Zone 4: Same first 6 digits, end with 4
    Zone 5: Same first 6 digits, end with 5
    Zone 6: Same first 6 digits, end with 6
    Zone 7: Same first 6 digits, end with 7
    Zone 8: Same first 6 digits, end with 8″
    Loop will always be 1 for takeover module zones.
    Select a voice descriptor.
    Enable reports and supervision.
    Choose whether or not that zone should chime.

Your panel will reboot once you exit programming, saving changes. When it powers back up, test your system.
    Note any zones that do not function as expected and repair,replace the wired contacts or motions/glass break
    Before I read this I got it powered up and set off the alarm by arming it and opening a door. It must remember what it had programmed before. I don't know what the code is so I just disconnected the power wires.

So I removed the cellular thing. It's ready to go once I can reset the password. Do I just buy that new cell module, install it, update the firmware, and activate service?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by freakaccident View Post
    So I removed the cellular thing. It's ready to go once I can reset the password. Do I just buy that new cell module, install it, update the firmware, and activate service?

Thanks,
    Aaron
    You will need to disarm panel before upgrading the firmware, Power it back up and disarm using 2580 see if that works
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

You will need to disarm panel before upgrading the firmware, Power it back up and disarm using 2580 see if that works
    I got the code from the previous owner. It powers on fine without the cell module installed but has a lot of errors about the sensors. I'm not sure the wireless to hardwired thing is actually working. I may just buy the new cell module and buy wireless sensors. It's almost looking like the 2gig package for $49.99 and $39.99 a month might be the way to go.

I got the code from the previous owner. It powers on fine without the cell module installed but has a lot of errors about the sensors. I'm not sure the wireless to hardwired thing is actually working. I may just buy the new cell module and buy wireless sensors. It's almost looking like the 2gig package for $49.99 and $39.99 a month might be the way to go.
    Is this what I need to buy to get up and running and bypassing the hardwired stuff?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cart.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	486

Is this what I need to buy to get up and running and bypassing the hardwired stuff?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cart.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	486
    Yes that will get you up and running, I am not sure what you have connected to your takeover module but once you upgrade firmware install cell module you can activate a plan and we can see what's programmed and assist you
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

That's an option for sure
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

Yes that will get you up and running, I am not sure what you have connected to your takeover module but once you upgrade firmware install cell module you can activate a plan and we can see what's programmed and assist you
    I will buy the cell module and cable for now. Once you can get into it maybe the wired takeover thing will work.

Thread Information