Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying new home with Vivint Sky......

Ok. So the current home owners actually had a different Vivint system installed. After their initial 48 month contract they upgraded the system. They are only taking the upgrades. Sky panel, cameras, fire system, and zwave locks. I was actually able to talk to the owner. He said he still has the old Vivint panel and it should be easy to setup with the currently hardwired sensors. These are pics of the panel and something else he is leaving me. What is the second thing? A camera?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	241318_IMG_14971.jpg.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	241377_IMG_14961.jpg.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	475

Thanks,
    Aaron

locknalarm,

SO I did our final walkthrough today. The panel that he left me that is not connected is the previously pictured GC3 panel along with that camera. Vivint left the tstat and all door and window sensors. The place where the Sky panel was only has 4 wires. What do I need to do to get the GC3 hooked back up and monitored by you? I think I need to buy a new cellular component from you before I can install and power it up so it can work/be monitored. Can you guys help me with the tech details? I would have assumed there would be more wiring involved. I wish I had taken a pic. It was red, white, blue, and I believe black on the wires.

Any advice on how to proceed would be great! I don't close until Monday so I can't get a pic of the 4 wires until then.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by freakaccident View Post
    Ok. So the current home owners actually had a different Vivint system installed. After their initial 48 month contract they upgraded the system. They are only taking the upgrades. Sky panel, cameras, fire system, and zwave locks. I was actually able to talk to the owner. He said he still has the old Vivint panel and it should be easy to setup with the currently hardwired sensors. These are pics of the panel and something else he is leaving me. What is the second thing? A camera?

Name:	241318_IMG_14971.jpg.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	241377_IMG_14961.jpg.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	475

Thanks,
    Aaron

SO SORRY! It is NOT a GC3! It is a Go!Control.

Thanks,
    Aaron

First company with comparable pricing gets my business. Help me get this thing wired, proper cell card purchased if needed, and monitoring.

It is an older Go!Control panel. 4 wires come out where the sky was. There is a panel on the other side of the wall which was the ADT system. I need technical guidance on how to get the older Go!Control set back up.

November 23rd is our move in date.

Thanks,
    Aaron
    Last edited by freakaccident; 11-16-2016 at 06:14 PM.

First company with comparable pricing gets my business. Help me get this thing wired, proper cell card purchased if needed, and monitoring.

It is an older Go!Control panel. 4 wires come out where the sky was. There is a panel on the other side of the wall which was the ADT system. I need technical guidance on how to get the older Go!Control set back up.

November 23rd is our move in date.

Thanks,
    Aaron
    You only need 2 wires to power the panel you can purchase the GC2 here http://buy2gig.com/product/2gig-cont...cdma-optional/

Just be sure to add the cell module all devices can be learned back in, door/window sensors, motions,glass beaks and smokes, the zwave thermostat can be learned back in also, the camera may not work if still registered to old provider, also purchase your alarm.com plan while on buy2gig.com. any questions give us a call 1 877 661 8941
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

I already have the GC2 from the previous owner's that had switched to the Sky last year.
    I read that before I even attempt to power it on I need to buy a new cell module.

Still confused. How does the panel connect to the door and window sensors if it's only connected with power wires? Is it wireless? Consider me a moron. I thought it was all wired in.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You only need 2 wires to power the panel you can purchase the GC2 here http://buy2gig.com/product/2gig-cont...cdma-optional/

Just be sure to add the cell module all devices can be learned back in, door/window sensors, motions,glass beaks and smokes, the zwave thermostat can be learned back in also, the camera may not work if still registered to old provider, also purchase your alarm.com plan while on buy2gig.com. any questions give us a call 1 877 661 8941
    Last edited by freakaccident; 11-16-2016 at 10:53 PM.

I already have the GC2 from the previous owner's that had switched to the Sky last year.
    I read that before I even attempt to power it on I need to buy a new cell module.

Still confused. How does the panel connect to the door and window sensors if it's only connected with power wires? Is it wireless? Consider me a moron. I thought it was all wired in.

Thanks,
    Aaron
    Oh OK in that case you will need only a new cell module, however you will need to upgrade the firmware in that old panel for the cell module to work
    Read this thread it has all the links to what yo will need:

How to Takeover a GC Panel

The Panel get powered if you are missing the transformer/Power Supply you can buy one here:
    http://buy2gig.com/product/2gig-ac1-...-power-supply/

The panel has a wireless reciever built in that communicates with the Wireless Door/Window Sensors etc.. via 345MHZ, the panel also has a Z-Wave Radio to communicate with Zwave Devices like Locks,Lights and Thermostats...

Hopefully this helps if you want call the office and we can fill in some more blanks 1-877-661-8941
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Oh OK in that case you will need only a new cell module, however you will need to upgrade the firmware in that old panel for the cell module to work
    Read this thread it has all the links to what yo will need:

How to Takeover a GC Panel

The Panel get powered if you are missing the transformer/Power Supply you can buy one here:
    http://buy2gig.com/product/2gig-ac1-...-power-supply/

The panel has a wireless reciever built in that communicates with the Wireless Door/Window Sensors etc.. via 345MHZ, the panel also has a Z-Wave Radio to communicate with Zwave Devices like Locks,Lights and Thermostats...

Hopefully this helps if you want call the office and we can fill in some more blanks 1-877-661-8941

Is this the cell module I will need? http://buy2gig.com/product/2gig-att-...odule-gc3ga-a/

Thanks!

Well the plot thickens. Everything in the house is hardwired. Apparently they somehow interface the old ADT hard wired system into the 2gig panel. There is a panel that I opened and there is a little box. It appears that the ADT system was rewired into this box. I believe that it is what talks to the control panel wirelessly. Here are some pics. Any idea what I should do?

Also there is a pic of the transformer that is there. Is that compatible with the control panel I have?

Name:	20161124_203425.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	485

Name:	20161124_203433.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	483

Name:	20161124_203658.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	484

Thanks,
    Aaron

Well the plot thickens. Everything in the house is hardwired. Apparently they somehow interface the old ADT hard wired system into the 2gig panel. There is a panel that I opened and there is a little box. It appears that the ADT system was rewired into this box. I believe that it is what talks to the control panel wirelessly. Here are some pics. Any idea what I should do?

Also there is a pic of the transformer that is there. Is that compatible with the control panel I have?

Name:	20161124_203425.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	485

Name:	20161124_203433.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	483

Name:	20161124_203658.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	484

Thanks,
    Aaron
    Hello Aaron and Happy Thanksgiving

What you have there is a 2gig takeover module and yes it will work with the GC2, it does exactly what you stated it accepts the hardwired devices and coverts each of the eight points or zones to wireless the serial number begins changes by 1 for each of the 8 zones, example zone 2 ends in2

Here is a video about the 2 gig takeover module :
    https://youtu.be/7W1C0B-CaS0

Here is an example of the programming

Program your takeover module zones.- Choose a Sensor Type appropriate to the zone. (Interior Follower for motion detectors, Entry Exit for entry doors, etc.)
    Equipment Type will be 2GIG Takeover Module.
    Sensor serial ID will be the following:
    Zone 1: Seven digit TX ID on Takeover Module label (always ends in 1).
    Zone 2: Same first 6 digits, end with 2
    Zone 3: Same first 6 digits, end with 3
    Zone 4: Same first 6 digits, end with 4
    Zone 5: Same first 6 digits, end with 5
    Zone 6: Same first 6 digits, end with 6
    Zone 7: Same first 6 digits, end with 7
    Zone 8: Same first 6 digits, end with 8″
    Loop will always be 1 for takeover module zones.
    Select a voice descriptor.
    Enable reports and supervision.
    Choose whether or not that zone should chime.

Your panel will reboot once you exit programming, saving changes. When it powers back up, test your system.
    Note any zones that do not function as expected and repair,replace the wired contacts or motions/glass break
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information