Thread: GC2 not seeing Vivint sensors

GC2 not seeing Vivint sensors

Hello!

I spent 6 hours on the phone with the poor support rep from Link Interactive on Saturday, but my system still isn't working correctly.
    I just bought my house, and the previous owners had a Vivint system. They took their SkyControl panel with them but left the rest of the sensors, so I ordered a few items through Link and tried to set it up.

My system, with what is working and what isn't:

- 1 Go!Control 2 panel
    - 1 Takeover module (house previously had a wired system)

- 4 Vivint Window/Door sensors (P/N: V-DW11-345)
    - 1 Vivint recessed wireless door sensor

- 1 Vivint smoke detector
    - 1 Vivint CO2 detector
    - 1 SkyBell HD

- 1 Liftmaster MyQ Control Panel and Internet Gateway

The door and window I tried both manually entering and using the shift-learn feature, but none of the door or window sensors are registering on the panel. The door and window sensors have an 11 digit TX ID instead of seven digits, but the first four digits on all of them are 0016 so I assumed that I just enter the last seven digits and it will work. I replaced the battery on each one, but still none of them would report their TX ID to the panel.

Does Vivint lock their sensors to a single panel? Is there a way to "hard reset" the sensors other than leaving the battery out (which I've already tried)?

I really don't want to have to buy $120 in new sensors, but so far that's looking to be my only option.

Quote Originally Posted by flynn View Post
    Hello!

I spent 6 hours on the phone with the poor support rep from Link Interactive on Saturday, but my system still isn't working correctly.
    I just bought my house, and the previous owners had a Vivint system. They took their SkyControl panel with them but left the rest of the sensors, so I ordered a few items through Link and tried to set it up.

My system, with what is working and what isn't:

- 1 Go!Control 2 panel
    - 1 Takeover module (house previously had a wired system)

- 4 Vivint Window/Door sensors (P/N: V-DW11-345)
    - 1 Vivint recessed wireless door sensor

- 1 Vivint smoke detector
    - 1 Vivint CO2 detector
    - 1 SkyBell HD

- 1 Liftmaster MyQ Control Panel and Internet Gateway

The door and window I tried both manually entering and using the shift-learn feature, but none of the door or window sensors are registering on the panel. The door and window sensors have an 11 digit TX ID instead of seven digits, but the first four digits on all of them are 0016 so I assumed that I just enter the last seven digits and it will work. I replaced the battery on each one, but still none of them would report their TX ID to the panel.

Does Vivint lock their sensors to a single panel? Is there a way to "hard reset" the sensors other than leaving the battery out (which I've already tried)?

I really don't want to have to buy $120 in new sensors, but so far that's looking to be my only option.
    Start by reseating the reciever module, power down first remove AC pier and battery

If that doesn't work replace the reciever module
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    Start by reseating the reciever module, power down first remove AC pier and battery

If that doesn't work replace the reciever module
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try it out tonight when I get home. It's really annoying that when I arm the system it basically yells which points aren't protected on the house for everyone to hear, so I'd really like to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Update: Ended up having to purchase new sensors and another LiftMaster 888LM control panel. Another $120 later everything is working.

Great thanks for the update
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information