Thread: Help selecting cameras and DVR

Help selecting cameras and DVR

I have a 2gig system and one adc-v721w outside. I'd like to add more cameras outside and I want them to record to a hard drive so I can look back if needed. The SVR for alarm.com is pretty expensive. Plus if I went that route, I'd have to buy more alarm.com cameras to put outside. What is a good system I can buy for 4 cameras, BNC or prefer wireless that comes with an HD.

I would eventually add the Alarm.comŽ ADC-VS420 4-Channel Video Server so I could connect these cameras to alarm.com and view them from my phone.

Any recommendations?

OR

Am I better off buying the alarm.com SVR and 3 more outdoor cameras?
    Last edited by johnc847; 09-30-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnc847 View Post
    I have a 2gig system and one adc-v721w outside. I'd like to add more cameras outside and I want them to record to a hard drive so I can look back if needed. The SVR for alarm.com is pretty expensive. Plus if I went that route, I'd have to buy more alarm.com cameras to put outside. What is a good system I can buy for 4 cameras, BNC or prefer wireless that comes with an HD.

I would eventually add the Alarm.comŽ ADC-VS420 4-Channel Video Server so I could connect these cameras to alarm.com and view them from my phone.

Any recommendations?

OR

Am I better off buying the alarm.com SVR and 3 more outdoor cameras?
    The only way to have full integration with the rest of your alarm.com devices is to stick with the SVR or just add more ADC cameras for now
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    The only way to have full integration with the rest of your alarm.com devices is to stick with the SVR or just add more ADC cameras for now
    Thank you. If I add a SVR, will I then have pretty much the same capabilities as adding a non alarm.com system with hard drive where I can go back and watch a few days back and fast forward and rewind? That's one of the main things I'm looking for is to have continuos days recording saved that I can scroll through and watch as needed.

Do you or are there others that can comment to how good that interface is? How good the quality is as well?

Quote Originally Posted by johnc847 View Post
    Thank you. If I add a SVR, will I then have pretty much the same capabilities as adding a non alarm.com system with hard drive where I can go back and watch a few days back and fast forward and rewind? That's one of the main things I'm looking for is to have continuos days recording saved that I can scroll through and watch as needed.

Do you or are there others that can comment to how good that interface is? How good the quality is as well?
    Yes the SVR will give you the storage capacity to retain the video longer,however you can set up recording based on sensor activity as well and also if you have the ADC camera that pans and tilts it can be set to move based on events as well, I don't have an SVR so hopefully someone that does will chime in
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information