Thread: GC3 Panel with HomeSeer Lighting

GC3 Panel with HomeSeer Lighting

Hi All,

I am looking at integrating HS-WS100+ Wireless Z-Wave Plus Wall Switches into my GC3 system. I like the double/tripple tap options. Is anyone using these switches with the GC3 panel that can report on overall functionality?

The HomeSeer site has the following statement as it relates to the HS-WS100+ Wireless Z-Wave Plus Wall Switches:

"*IMPORTANT: HS-WD100+ and HS-WS100* provide instant status feedback and double-tap, triple-tap, press & hold functionality using the Z-Wave "central scene" command class. The feature is supported by all HomeSeer systems, including HS3 software and HomeTroller controllers. If you're using another brand of controller, be sure to check with that manufacturer to see if the central scene features are supported."

Was wondering if the switches work as advertised with the GC3?

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

I have not tested these with the GC3,I dont think Homeseer designed these to work with the 2GIG Products you may be able to accomplish your goal by setting up scenes here is a video on how to set them up: Scene Control with the GC3
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I have not tested these with the GC3,I dont think Homeseer designed these to work with the 2GIG Products you may be able to accomplish your goal by setting up scenes here is a video on how to set them up: Scene Control with the GC3
    thank you for your response. Are you suggesting I use scenes with the Homeseers or just scenes in general with a 2GIG product?

Which switch would you suggest? I have some requirements although I am not sure exactly how important each of my requirements are as switches are my first experience with the home automation side of 2GIG.

1) Would love z-wave plus just because it is the newest technology and presumably better
    2)Instant status. In all my research, this seems to be very important although I am not quite sure why.
    3)Supports z-wave associations - Again, I think this is important because it will allow the switches to be expandable through the 2GIG GC3
    4) Support zwave scene class - this again is confussing. I thought the 2GIG panel controled scenes. Does a switch have to support scenes?

I have gone down a rabbit hole when it comes to these switches :-). It really seems like it shouldnt be this hard. I mean, it is just a switch right.

Thanks,
    Dan

Thread Information