Thread: Temporarily Disable Smoke, Fire Alarms 2GIG Panel

Temporarily Disable Smoke, Fire Alarms 2GIG Panel

Is it possible to temporarily disable the smoke fire alarms on the 2 GIG panel. I have many to test and clean and do not want to have to go to the panel each time and enter in the code to silence them. I would prefer to not have to remove the devices and then add them back.
    I am unmotitored right now. Thanks

Not really, and even if you go into programming and disable the unit may go into alarm locally as they are battery powered, maybe just power done your system disconnect the battery and remove batteries from each device you are going to clean, then in reverse power back up system replace batteries and test each device to the panel

Michael, Thank You. Is there an easy way to power down the 2GIG panel? I know it has a huge battery backup in a media panel. Will the 2 GIG remember the devices after a power down? Thanks again.

To Power Down, Disconnect A/C Power by Unplugging Transformer or Open Panel by Removing Top Screw disconnect Battery and A/C Terminals very simple, all settings will be maintained, you will not lose anything

Thread Information