Thread: Vivint Sky Internal WifI

Question Vivint Sky Internal WifI

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to improve the internal WiFI network in the Vivint Sky Control Panel? I just added an outdoor camera, but the signal strength is only 71%. Is there a way to adjust the channel, or have a signal repeater added?

Thanks!

You will need to add a WiFi extender/repeater to Increase the signal for the outdoor camera
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You will need to add a WiFi extender/repeater to Increase the signal for the outdoor camera
    Is there a certain model I should get? I see that I can add one via WPS...

Quote Originally Posted by FREDR View Post
    Is there a certain model I should get? I see that I can add one via WPS...
    Any WIFI extender will help increase your coverage
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Vivint uses the dap1320 and now 1330(which is better than the old 1320) , it does matter which one you use if you want it to work with the sky as the sky uses its own vpn protocols for the panel. I will say some for sure do not work. I know the dap 1320/1330 work

The good news is if you call in to vivint and complain about the camera dropping offline or being choppy they should send some one out free of charge to install the item for free (its a supply item for vivint they domt ever charge to install it).

If they try to charge a trip fee then just raise a little hell politely, be persostent but not a dick.

You also then have to add the camera to the repeater. The repeater will need to be very close tonthe camera for this(i use am extension cord and take it up on the ladder with me. AFTER the dap is learned into the panel you will then take it near the camera, press the button on the dap to trigger learn in, then hold the button on the camera for about 5 seconds(look at the light on the back, when it starts flashing (yellow?)RELEASE THE BUTTON so you dont trigger the reset function.

The camera will now learn into the repeater.

When that process is finished give it 5-10 mins to fully reconnect, check that you have live feed, then UNPLUG the repeater, verify that the live feed dies a min or two after you unplug the repeater(this lets you know the camera actually took to the repeater)

Now you can try and split the difference between panel and camera and try different outlets for the repeater

Or just let a vivint tech come deal wth it.

Thread Information