Thread: Vivint Sky Panel

Vivint Sky Panel

Hello everyone,

I am so glad I came across this forum. I recently bought a house with Vivint sky panel. I plan to make my home a smart home. I currently bought Schlage locks, Chamberlain garage opener, ecobee 3 for upstairs and downstairs, hue lights. Are all these compatible with the GC3?

I am new to all this and bought simplisafe. If I am reading this correctly, I can buy the GC3, install it where sky panel was, use the same sensors from vivint and use alarm.com to monitor? If this is true i will return the simplisafe!!

Thank you everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Revlimit View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am so glad I came across this forum. I recently bought a house with Vivint sky panel. I plan to make my home a smart home. I currently bought Schlage locks, Chamberlain garage opener, ecobee 3 for upstairs and downstairs, hue lights. Are all these compatible with the GC3?

I am new to all this and bought simplisafe. If I am reading this correctly, I can buy the GC3, install it where sky panel was, use the same sensors from vivint and use alarm.com to monitor? If this is true i will return the simplisafe!!

Thank you everyone!
    If you get a GC3 all your sensors will work the Z-Wave devices may not depending on the particluar model, The Schlage Zwave lock will and the Chamberlain Garage Door will work if you add the Linear or Liftmaster Controller

The Hue and the Ecobee are not compatible but these zwave switches are and this thermostat
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    If you get a GC3 all your sensors will work the Z-Wave devices may not depending on the particluar model, The Schlage Zwave lock will and the Chamberlain Garage Door will work if you add the Linear or Liftmaster Controller

The Hue and the Ecobee are not compatible but these zwave switches are and this thermostat
    Thank you. If I just plan on using for alarm, should I purchase a cheaper unit like the one before the GC3? Where do o purchase alarm.com?

Yes the GC2 will work just fine for your Purposes you can purchase an alarm.com plan herehttp://buy2gig.com/Interactive-Plans.html
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information