Thread: Taking over from an alarm company

Taking over from an alarm company

Good afternoon.
    I'm new to this forum and have a few questions as I feel as if I have been taken advantage of by my alarm company.
    We purchased a 2gig system 5 years ago and had it installed and all has worked well until 2 months ago when the fire alarms started to fail and now my smoke detectors all say low battery even after I install brand new batteries. The alarm company charged me $125.00 per new fire alarm as they said they fail after 5 years. I found the same detectors online for much less. Can I take over my own alarm system maintainance and pay Alarm.com directly?

Thanks for the help

David

Quote Originally Posted by Bambino68 View Post
    Good afternoon.
    I'm new to this forum and have a few questions as I feel as if I have been taken advantage of by my alarm company.
    We purchased a 2gig system 5 years ago and had it installed and all has worked well until 2 months ago when the fire alarms started to fail and now my smoke detectors all say low battery even after I install brand new batteries. The alarm company charged me $125.00 per new fire alarm as they said they fail after 5 years. I found the same detectors online for much less. Can I take over my own alarm system maintainance and pay Alarm.com directly?

Thanks for the help

David
    Hi David you came to the right place we have support hundreds of DIY customers and would be more than happy to help you save money, here is a topic you should read which will show you how to take your 2gig panel, you will need to change your cell module and upgrade your firmware, give us a call at 1-877-661-8941 and we can walk you through the process
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information