Thread: Sensor Not Working all of the time

Sensor Not Working all of the time

I have a door sensor that during the day when the door is opened is detected and the panel will respond. But at night or the early morning, if I open the door on which the same sensor is at, nothing is picked up, it as if the door was never opened. I get no message warning me that the panel has lost communications with the sensor. Any suggestions why this is happening and how can I fix it. I was thinking of getting a repeater, but before I make the investment, I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by apons View Post
    I have a door sensor that during the day when the door is opened is detected and the panel will respond. But at night or the early morning, if I open the door on which the same sensor is at, nothing is picked up, it as if the door was never opened. I get no message warning me that the panel has lost communications with the sensor. Any suggestions why this is happening and how can I fix it. I was thinking of getting a repeater, but before I make the investment, I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance
    Doesn't make sense unless there is RF Interference at night only? Can there be?

Can you do a system test do this by pressing Security>Menu>Toolbox>Master Code> System Test

Test the zones in question during the day and at night and see if there register at the same level at different times
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

It's most likely something in your door. Your best bet is to call the nearest Locksmith. They'll be able to fix your door, get you a new key, and or even re-key if for you. Hope this helps

Thread Information