Thread: Lock works from lock keypad, but malfunctions when using 2gig panel or thru app

Lock works from lock keypad, but malfunctions when using 2gig panel or thru app

I have a Baldwin Z-wave lock that is recognized by 2Gig as a Black and Decker lock. The lock works fine when opening using the lock keypad and the user code as assigned through Alarm.com. It also locks properly when using the lock button on the lock keypad. However if I attempt to actuate the lock through the Alarm.com app or through the 2gig panel, it will lock then beep, but after a brief pause, it will continue to lock and beep as if its being blocked. This occurs even if the door is open with free room for the bolt to extend. As a reminder, the lock works properly when using the lock keypad itself. The firmware on the 2gig panel is 1.10.1. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgpsman View Post
    I have a Baldwin Z-wave lock that is recognized by 2Gig as a Black and Decker lock. The lock works fine when opening using the lock keypad and the user code as assigned through Alarm.com. It also locks properly when using the lock button on the lock keypad. However if I attempt to actuate the lock through the Alarm.com app or through the 2gig panel, it will lock then beep, but after a brief pause, it will continue to lock and beep as if its being blocked. This occurs even if the door is open with free room for the bolt to extend. As a reminder, the lock works properly when using the lock keypad itself. The firmware on the 2gig panel is 1.10.1. Any ideas what could be wrong?
    I dont see the Baldwin Z-Wave Lock as a Compatible all though it shows up you may not get complete functionality, Kwikset,Yale and Schlage are listed, below is a list of the models that have been certified and tested to work with Alarm.com.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adc zwave locks.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	373
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I dont see the Baldwin Z-Wave Lock as a Compatible all though it shows up you may not get complete functionality, Kwikset,Yale and Schlage are listed, below is a list of the models that have been certified and tested to work with Alarm.com.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adc zwave locks.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	373
    Baldwin is the fancy version of Kwikset and is made by the same people. With that said, your are probably right. It feels like a driver issue. The curious thing is that it comes up on the 2Gig panel as a "Black and Decker" lock. Which is basically Quikset. On a separate note, I took apart the lock all the way down to the motor and gear assemble and there was a couple pieces of metal floating around that broke off from somewhere. The next course of action will be get the lock replaced by Baldwin (lifetime mechanical warranty) to see if that was the problem all along. BTW. Great forum!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgpsman View Post
    Baldwin is the fancy version of Kwikset and is made by the same people. With that said, your are probably right. It feels like a driver issue. The curious thing is that it comes up on the 2Gig panel as a "Black and Decker" lock. Which is basically Quikset. On a separate note, I took apart the lock all the way down to the motor and gear assemble and there was a couple pieces of metal floating around that broke off from somewhere. The next course of action will be get the lock replaced by Baldwin (lifetime mechanical warranty) to see if that was the problem all along. BTW. Great forum!
    Totally Agree with your comparison, hopefully its a mechanical issue and thanks for visiting and participating in the forum

Locksmith can do it either through instruments or through technology.you must go to him and ask him about your issue ,they definitely help you as they are skilled workers.They have the ability to manage to open it.

Definitely Locksmith can solve your issue of wave lock.You must go to them.Mr. odisjohnson has suggested you the right option.

99% of the time the lock is working perfectly, but consumers have forgotten their combination. If you believe your lock is defective visit customer service representative rather than Locksmith.

Watch lock maintenance video or view Care & Service guide of wave locking system. If your lock still does not function properly, it may be defective. Refer to Warranty Information to find out how to obtain a replacement lock.I think Locksmith is expensive option.

Thread Information