Thread: Replacing Vivint Sky Panel with a GC3

Replacing Vivint Sky Panel with a GC3

I just bought a home that came equipped with a Vivint system, including the Sky Panel.

I bought a GC3 and Verizon radio and plan to replace the whole panel in the next few days.

My question is whether there is anything I need to do to disconnect the previously connected peripherals (2x thermostats, lots of window sensors and door lock) before I disconnect the now disarmed Vivint panel.

I'd like to be able to reuse the peripherals with my new GC3, just want to be sure I don't need to unlock them from the old panel connection first.

Thanks. I'm a total newbie to home security in general (and certainly DIY), so please be gentle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombalatti View Post
    I just bought a home that came equipped with a Vivint system, including the Sky Panel.

I bought a GC3 and Verizon radio and plan to replace the whole panel in the next few days.

My question is whether there is anything I need to do to disconnect the previously connected peripherals (2x thermostats, lots of window sensors and door lock) before I disconnect the now disarmed Vivint panel.

I'd like to be able to reuse the peripherals with my new GC3, just want to be sure I don't need to unlock them from the old panel connection first.

Thanks. I'm a total newbie to home security in general (and certainly DIY), so please be gentle.
    I would Go into the Z-wave toolbox try 2203 for installer code and delete the Thermostats and the Lock, the 345MHZ Transmitters including all Window Contacts will learn back in with Ease, When adding the zone just select learn and trip the zone you want to register, if you have motions be earful your not walking in front of them during the learn in process same goes for household member opening doors or windows during the process, hope this helps please report back with any further questions and pictures if related to the existing panel as I dont have a Sky panel for reference
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    I would Go into the Z-wave toolbox try 2203 for installer code and delete the Thermostats and the Lock, the 345MHZ Transmitters including all Window Contacts will learn back in with Ease, When adding the zone just select learn and trip the zone you want to register, if you have motions be earful your not walking in front of them during the learn in process same goes for household member opening doors or windows during the process, hope this helps please report back with any further questions and pictures if related to the existing panel as I dont have a Sky panel for reference
    Just coming back to say a big thanks! Your advice worked. The door wouldn't connect at first but I added it and removed it again from the Vivint panel and now it is working great. Sensors were easy to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombalatti View Post
    Just coming back to say a big thanks! Your advice worked. The door wouldn't connect at first but I added it and removed it again from the Vivint panel and now it is working great. Sensors were easy to pick up.
    Glad it worked
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

I hope to do the same thing soon. I just bought a home with Sky panel installed. My home is still under contract with the previous owners. Will I still be able to remove sensors from the old panel. I had read elsewhere that the installer code would not work on Sky panel. I am totally new to home alarms. I do have experience with wiring and programming. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by tckwilson View Post
    I hope to do the same thing soon. I just bought a home with Sky panel installed. My home is still under contract with the previous owners. Will I still be able to remove sensors from the old panel. I had read elsewhere that the installer code would not work on Sky panel. I am totally new to home alarms. I do have experience with wiring and programming. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    All the sensors can be reused without removing from your current panel, it is recommended to remove the zwave devices, try 2203 as installer code it should work
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

I have discovered a 2nd panel in the bedroom. I will post pics of both panels. Is adding a cell module to the 2nd panel possible do I have to remove the 1st panel can I do it in software only. As always thanks for the help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160711_095055.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160711_095126.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	380

Quote Originally Posted by tckwilson View Post
    I have discovered a 2nd panel in the bedroom. I will post pics of both panels. Is adding a cell module to the 2nd panel possible do I have to remove the 1st panel can I do it in software only. As always thanks for the help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160711_095055.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160711_095126.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	380
    You don't need a cell module for the 2nd panel in the bedroom that is called a TS'1 it communicates with the main panel, inside you main panel you will see the Transceiver Module
    Looks like this:
    Name:  900mhz transciever.JPG
Views: 570
Size:  24.7 KB

That is how the TS'1 Talks to the GC2 Via a 900MHZ link,use the link above if you need to buy one

What version firmware is on your panel? Go to Security>Menu>toolbox> Installer code (Try 2203) > tab to firmware if 1.9.6 you will need to upgrade the panel and the TS'1 they both have to match here is where you can learn more and purchase the upgrade cable and cell module
    Michael Ferer
    1-877-661-8941

Hi..i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the 345MHZ Transmitters including all Window Contacts will learn back in with Ease, When adding the zone just select learn and trip the zone you want to register, if you have motions be earful your not walking in front of them during the learn in process same goes for household member opening doors or windows during the process

Thread Information