Thread: 2GIG GC2 + Linear GD00Z-4 -- door status not accurate on Alarm.com?

Question 2GIG GC2 + Linear GD00Z-4 -- door status not accurate on Alarm.com?

Hi all -- I have set up the Linear GD00Z-4 module in my garage and successfully paired it to my 2GIG panel. I can view the status of the door in the Zwave menu under "locks" and can open / close the door from the panel. The panel also accurately shows the status of the door (open or closed).

My panel has firmware 1.13.

Where I am confused is that the garage door status is not being reflected on Alarm.com. The sensor itself appears but always shows the door status as "closed" regardless of the status on the panel itself. I don't care if I cannot open/close the door from the app, but I would minimally like the sensor status to be accurate.

Have I missed something? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgaynor82 View Post
    Hi all -- I have set up the Linear GD00Z-4 module in my garage and successfully paired it to my 2GIG panel. I can view the status of the door in the Zwave menu under "locks" and can open / close the door from the panel. The panel also accurately shows the status of the door (open or closed).

My panel has firmware 1.13.

Where I am confused is that the garage door status is not being reflected on Alarm.com. The sensor itself appears but always shows the door status as "closed" regardless of the status on the panel itself. I don't care if I cannot open/close the door from the app, but I would minimally like the sensor status to be accurate.

Have I missed something? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    I would contact your provider of Alarm.com and make sure that they have the garage door access activated on your account

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire8 View Post
    I would contact your provider of Alarm.com and make sure that they have the garage door access activated on your account
    Thanks. I guess I was hesitant to do that before exploring other options. This is a self-install, and I'd rather not open myself up to additional charges or some kind of 'warranty violation' for DIYing it. :-)

If there are any other ideas/experiences, I'm happy to hear them. Otherwise I'll bite the bullet and call Protection1 about it.

Lightbulb

Thanks. I guess I was hesitant to do that before exploring other options. This is a self-install, and I'd rather not open myself up to additional charges or some kind of 'warranty violation' for DIYing it. :-)

If there are any other ideas/experiences, I'm happy to hear them. Otherwise I'll bite the bullet and call Protection1 about it.
    If you have a "gold plan" there should not be any additional charges to add the garage door

i installed a GD00Z-4 recently and just activated the garage door functionality today through my plan provider. It wasn't appearing correctly in my alarm.com account but it does now (including the ability to create "garage door open for X minutes" notifications, which was the main purpose I wanted to use the GD00Z-4 for)

Can you please let us know how you made out? Did you find a solution? Please share your findings.

Talking to Customer Service was the key!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire8 View Post
    Can you please let us know how you made out? Did you find a solution? Please share your findings.
    Sorry for the delayed response about this! Ultimately, it took a conversation with my alarm monitoring provider (Protection1) and within minutes they were able to update my ADC profile to include the garage door. No additional charges involved.

Since then I've gone on to add z-wave locks to my doors, and next up probably a CT100 (although it's significantly more of an eyesore than my current low-profile 'dumb' thermostat - Venstar FlatStat http://venstar.com/thermostats/flatstat/) .

The Z-wave-ification has begun!

Thread Information