Thread: Arm system at a specific time?

Arm system at a specific time?

I have the GC3 and a bunch of sensors and an alarm.com gold account. I'm not seeing a way to set the system to arm itself at a certain time. This seems like a fairly obvious feature so I feel like I must just be missing it. Am I?
    Thanks,
    Hish

Quote Originally Posted by hish747 View Post
    I have the GC3 and a bunch of sensors and an alarm.com gold account. I'm not seeing a way to set the system to arm itself at a certain time. This seems like a fairly obvious feature so I feel like I must just be missing it. Am I?
    Thanks,
    Hish
    I didn't see this feature but you can have it alert you if the alarm has not be armed by a certain time. Then you can arm it remotely via phone app or whatever. That is what I am doing.

You should be able to accomplish what you need via the alarm.com web site using empower.

Quote Originally Posted by FALCON View Post
    You should be able to accomplish what you need via the alarm.com web site using empower.
    I saw the empower section. It includes the ability to schedule events for lights but not to arm the security system.

There is an added option with the plans that you purchase "Arming/Disarming Schedules". This option is an additional $5 per month with the plans that are offered through buy2gig.com

Thanks for the info Cheshire8. I have to say the nickel and dime stuff is getting tiresome. As cool as the GC3 is there just is no excuse for some of the added things you have to pay for on a monthly basis. Especially for schedules. My thermostat doesn't charge me monthly to program it to come on and off at certain times. You should actually just be able to schedule from the panel itself without involving Alarm.com.

Quote Originally Posted by hish747 View Post
    Thanks for the info Cheshire8. I have to say the nickel and dime stuff is getting tiresome. As cool as the GC3 is there just is no excuse for some of the added things you have to pay for on a monthly basis. Especially for schedules. My thermostat doesn't charge me monthly to program it to come on and off at certain times. You should actually just be able to schedule from the panel itself without involving Alarm.com.
    The only reason there is an additional charge for it from buy2gig.com is because there is charge for it through alarm.com. We keep our prices as low as we possibly can for our customers without compromising the services we offer. Alarm.com does give you the capability of arming and disarming remotely which could eliminate that cost of arming and disarming schedules, and arming and disarming through the app is as simple as one click!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire8 View Post
    The only reason there is an additional charge for it from buy2gig.com is because there is charge for it through alarm.com. We keep our prices as low as we possibly can for our customers without compromising the services we offer. Alarm.com does give you the capability of arming and disarming remotely which could eliminate that cost of arming and disarming schedules, and arming and disarming through the app is as simple as one click!
    I understand what your saying and I was referring to Alarm.com nickel and diming. Schedules is a simple function that doesn't require any human intervention from the company. The real question is why in the world wouldn't scheduling just be built into the GC3 already?

Thread Information