Thread: SMKt2-345 Low Battery Alert

SMKt2-345 Low Battery Alert

Good Morning all i am having an issue with SMKt2-345 Low Battery. I have replace the batteries with new ones Duracell CR123A twice. no matter how many times i replace the battery after about 2 minutes i get the low battery alert on my control panel. i have pushed the test button on the smoke detector to read the led's blinks and it comes back as everything passed with no issues any ideas what could be the issue

I'm having the same problem. I haven't been able to clear the low battery alert so the panel alerts me several times a day. I can acknowledge the alert which stops the alerts from sounding every 30 seconds or so but a new alert happens approximately every 4 - 6 hours. Also, every several days the device sends a new low battery alert which goes to the central station so they call me to let me know. I've disabled Q57 (RF low battery reports to CS) via the panel (GC3) programming which in my mind should stop the central station from getting low battery alerts. So my questions are: 1. Could the SMKT2-345 have a hardware problem, it is ~ 4 years old? 2. How do I clear the alert from the panel? 3. Why didn't disabling Q57 stop the central station from getting low battery alerts? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jtfennig View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I haven't been able to clear the low battery alert so the panel alerts me several times a day. I can acknowledge the alert which stops the alerts from sounding every 30 seconds or so but a new alert happens approximately every 4 - 6 hours. Also, every several days the device sends a new low battery alert which goes to the central station so they call me to let me know. I've disabled Q57 (RF low battery reports to CS) via the panel (GC3) programming which in my mind should stop the central station from getting low battery alerts. So my questions are: 1. Could the SMKT2-345 have a hardware problem, it is ~ 4 years old? 2. How do I clear the alert from the panel? 3. Why didn't disabling Q57 stop the central station from getting low battery alerts? Thanks!
    Please PM me with your Name So I can check the Back end Of ADC, Have you Metered the Batteries to Confirm voltage it not uncommon for a new battery to have low voltage
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

I am getting daily low battery alerts for sensors that don't have batteries. I have also disabled the low battery alerts q57.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorays View Post
    I am getting daily low battery alerts for sensors that don't have batteries. I have also disabled the low battery alerts q57.
    Sounds like there is a battery backup for possible a takeover module that is low have you checked that out?
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information