Thread: GC3 & Home Automation = Extra fee?

GC3 & Home Automation = Extra fee?

Hi All,
    I just ordered and installed a GC3 and am about to activate with alarm.com. What isn't clear to me is whether using the home automation features requires extra monthly payments above the basic monitoring cost. I thought that using the home automation features was free (remote unlock/lock, etc) but now I'm not so sure.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Hish

Quote Originally Posted by hish747 View Post
    Hi All,
    I just ordered and installed a GC3 and am about to activate with alarm.com. What isn't clear to me is whether using the home automation features requires extra monthly payments above the basic monitoring cost. I thought that using the home automation features was free (remote unlock/lock, etc) but now I'm not so sure.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Hish

Basic features come with the basic package. This enables the user to remotely arm/disarm system, see system status and event history, and change user codes through the Alarm.com website or mobile apps. Users can also receive email and text notifications when system events occur, such as arming/disarming, alarms, power failures and other trouble conditions. it includes Weather to Panel, Geo-Services, and Crash and Smash Protection. So with the basic package you get the basic features

With The Interactive gold package, where you have more than just a basic alarm system, gives you all the features of the basic package plus more. the ability to monitor all activity reported by specific door/windows and motion sensors, even when the system is disarmed. create custom notification rules to be alerted via email and text, Includes 24x7 activity monitoring on up to 10 sensors, Weather to the Panel, Severe Weather Alerts, emPower Lights, Locks, and Thermostats.

Depending on what type of system and equipment you have, would depend on the type of plan you would need. If you just have a basic system, a panel, 4 doors & windows plus 1 motion, the basic would be perfectly suitable. If you have any z-wave products, you would need the gold. On most sites, you will see this in the descriptions of the plans. It is stipulated, at least on all the sites I've visited anyway.

Thank you!

You're welcome!

Thread Information