Thread: cannot get vivint brand sensors to work

cannot get vivint brand sensors to work

Recently got a new gc3 and when I try to add sensors it won't recognize any of them. I tried manually typing serial and using learn. Neither work. I was trying thin door window sensor dw10 I believe and recessed door sensors. Is there anything special i need to do. I just plugge in the panel and went straight to the add sensors screen. On the plus side i got both of my t100 thermostats to work. Any suggestions? Do I have a defective panel?

If the panel was defective, it shouldn't have taken the thermostats. I would try some different 2GIG sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by wxgfs View Post
    Recently got a new gc3 and when I try to add sensors it won't recognize any of them. I tried manually typing serial and using learn. Neither work. I was trying thin door window sensor dw10 I believe and recessed door sensors. Is there anything special i need to do. I just plugge in the panel and went straight to the add sensors screen. On the plus side i got both of my t100 thermostats to work. Any suggestions? Do I have a defective panel?
    Power cycle the panel by disconnecting the battery, then removing the transformer. Wait appx. 5 minutes. Then re-plug in the transformer and then reinstall the battery.
    I would try replacing all the batteries in the DW10's to brand new ones, and then re-try to learn them in.

Thread Information