Thread: Motion sensor lost contact

consoleman

Motion sensor lost contact

So I installed the motion sensors about a week or two ago. I havent been using the 2gig alarm at all since I broke a entry sensor and was awaiting a new one. One day the alarm said it had lost connection to the motion sensors. I ignored it since I am still using my old alarm.

Yesterday, I put the motion sensors in test mode and It never connected to the control module. I removed them relearned the serial no and tried to retest with no luck.Why would my sensors just go off the grid to begin with?

I also got a low battery on one motion sensor, even though its only been in use for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by consoleman; 02-26-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Sometimes the sensors you buy 'new' have been sitting on a shelf for years (or were an installer's truck stock, or even were in a storage unit for years)..so its very possible the battery could be bad, depending on the condition of it and where it was bought, manufacture date, and from whom it was purchased.

Some have been known to take pulled equipment (equipment previously installed), and sell it as if it where new, or switch out batteries

You can get replacement batteries at drug stores, albertsons, officemax, anywhere camera batteries are sold, etc. Replace it with a:

lithium 3v CR123A, CR17345

If you put it in test mode, and it never connected to panel, I would suspect it either doesn't have the right serial programmed into zone at panel (did you use 'learn' mode?), or you have it set for the wrong loop

If it is installed properly, and on correct loop, it may be defective, damaged, and will require replacement

Pir motions should be programmed as loop 1

See link for programming and walk testing:
    http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/13-...-image-sensors

consoleman
    When I first installed them the motion sensors worked fine. I did use the "learn" feature for the serial no. Then a week later they went off the grid (the control panel said it lost connection to the sensors).

I then re learned them last night. That part went ok. Its when I tried to test them that It did not work properly. I will replace the batteries and try tonight.

Replace battery Then delete the zone (change to (00) unused, save and exit), and reprogram it back

Be sure to Check the loop, then walk test and report the signal strength

Approx how far is it from panel? 350' or less?

consoleman
    So i replaced the battery on 2 motions and 1 entry. One of the motions seemed to work great for now while the other not so much. It seems to stall when I am trying to trigger the black lever so that the control unit can read its serial no. I must flip the switch for about 20 seconds until It finally reads it. The sensors are about 25' from the panel.

Once the serial no is read it seems ok. If I let go of the same taper switch it immediately goes off saying taper.

Thread Information