Thread: can I make lights always turn on at 100%

can I make lights always turn on at 100%

new to the forum but like all the info I am finding here. Did a quick search and didnt see this come up.

I would like for my lights to come on a 100% when turned on, rather than their last setting. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
    David

Depending on the device controlling the lights (
    lamp module, switch, bulb) you can go into Alarm.com and set up rules via empower for the lights. The light fixture has to have z-wave capabilities.

its a switch (wd500z-1) being controlled through alarm.com, phone, and switch itself of course.
    if I leave the lights dimmed when I turn them off. Then the next time they come on for any reason (alarm activation, switch, turned on via phone app) I want them to automatically go back to 100% every time.

Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by evad714 View Post
    its a switch (wd500z-1) being controlled through alarm.com, phone, and switch itself of course.
    if I leave the lights dimmed when I turn them off. Then the next time they come on for any reason (alarm activation, switch, turned on via phone app) I want them to automatically go back to 100% every time.

Is that possible?

As per Alarm.com, you can have the lights come on at 100%, even if they are dimmed when turned off. You have to Create a new rule, and then select automate my lights, you pick the event that triggers the light, then where it says perform this action you select dim, and you move the slider all the way to 100%.

Hope this helps, and please let us know how you make out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire8 View Post
    As per Alarm.com, you can have the lights come on at 100%, even if they are dimmed when turned off. You have to Create a new rule, and then select automate my lights, you pick the event that triggers the light, then where it says perform this action you select dim, and you move the slider all the way to 100%.

Hope this helps, and please let us know how you make out!!

Thanks! I was just using 'turn on' in my rule.
    now that I have it set to 100% it defaults to 99% once saved for some reason. is that normal?

anyway to make this a default value for whenever the lights are turned on, not just by a trigger or event?
    I guess using the switch or phone app I could do it manually, would just like it to be the turn on default all the time.

thanks again.

Thread Information