Thread: Purchased Home w/Existing Vivint System and Took Over Contract (Account Transfer)

Purchased Home w/Existing Vivint System and Took Over Contract (Account Transfer)

Hi all,

We just closed on a home that had an existing Vivint system in it. Before finding this forum, I mistakenly assumed my only option was to go with Vivint.

So, I contacted them and on Saturday, 2/27, they performed an "Account Transfer" whereby I took over the existing homeowner's contract, which had 28 months remaining (out of the original 60 month contract). Vivint did provide a "System Purchase and Services Agreement" which allows a three day cancellation clause/policy.

My question to you all is - If I exercise that three day right to cancel, do I have to return all of the equipment to Vivint? If not, I'd like to look at swapping out the cell module and going with another provider like buy2gig or GeoArm (any other suggestions would be appreciated).

For reference, here is what the system consists of. I'd love to add additional features/capability/automation/etc. in the future, and don't want to be locked into Vivint to do so.
    • Vivint Panel (2GIG)
    • Smaller Panel (Installer referred to this as a TS1)
    • 6x DW10 Door/Window Sensors
    • 2x Glassbreak sensors
    • 1x Bronze Deadbolt

Thanks in advance!

Typically, they don't pick up the equipment, but they won't let you transfer the radio. You can purchase a new radio and Alarm.com plan from www.buy2gig.com. You will save on your monthly with a month to month agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by FALCON View Post
    Typically, they don't pick up the equipment, but they won't let you transfer the radio. You can purchase a new radio and Alarm.com plan from www.buy2gig.com. You will save on your monthly with a month to month agreement.
    So, just to confirm, if I cancel within the three day window, you're saying I should be able to keep the equipment and just switch out the radio and plan?

Thanks!

I would say yes. I have never heard of them coming back for the equipment.

You need to buy a new radio.
    door Installation Clifton NJ
    We provide Home Repairs and Renovations services. Click our Home Page/Website for details!

URL: door Installation Clifton NJ

Thread Information